Future Proof 32 bit Optix Application

The problem I faced here have made me think on this topic

Many years ago I have created a Delphi Application which cannot be ported to 64 bit (half a million of lines of code and many external 32 DLL which I cannot rebuild (no source code)

I use Optix since 2.0 days and I’m very happy. Currently I use 3.5.1 version.

During the last 12 month (or so) NVidia has released 3 new Optix versions 3.6, 3.7 and 3.8 with new features. BUT NVidia declared to cease 32 bit support

No problems with that since I’m quite happy with version 3.5.1

The Problem stats with my new PC which has an NVidia Quadro K2100M card inside, when I used my application with the new PC I got an error (“Details: Function “_rtContextLaunch2D” caught exception: Encountered a CUDA error: cuGLGetDevices() returned (304): Unknown, |3801520|”)

From what I read the Optix 3.5.1 is not able to detect the card which, I have to say, is not the “cutting edge” of the NVidia processors (Kepler-based cpu)

I tried the new library (32 bit build) to solve the incompatibility but I feced with the issue above

So I wonder is it possible to “switch off” the check performad by Optix “cuGLGetDevices() returned (304): Unknown” so I can continue to use an Old (and funcional DLL) ?

If not, the “32 bit guys” like me will face a serious problem ==> in few year their SW will not works becouse of new unsupported GPU (which of course will appear)

For the moment I resumed my old PC, but I not so happy with this solution…

Am I wrong with my thought/fears ?

RD