We are not getting HDMI display on our custom carrier board for Jetson TX2.
The OEM design guide was followed exactly for developing the carrier, and verified against the design of the NVIDIA Jetson TX2 Developer Kit.
System configuration combinations tried till now:
- Jetpack version 3.1, 3.2, 3.3
- Monitors used: Sony Bravia and Dell S2240L
- Just for experimentation we used TX1 also
Steps taken by us for debugging this till now:
- Followed the debugging tips mentioned in https://elinux.org/Jetson_TX2/r28_Display_debug.
- Made the UART0RTS and UART1TX pins floating, as was mentioned in many of the forum posts.
- Tried enabling/disabling the 5V0_HDMI_EN block in tegra186-mb1-bct-pmic-quill-p3310-1000-c04.cfg, according to the Platform Adaptation Guide.
dmesg log, Xorg.log and EDID contents (after the monitor is connected), are attached in this post.
Observations from the above mentioned debugging activities:
- HDMI I2C communication is happening without any issues, this is evident from the fact that we are able to read the EDID and can verify the monitor details.
- We get the display on monitor in only one case, with the resolution set at 1280x720. However, the display is scrambled and unstable. Screen flickers and then dies off. Please refer the attachments for the screenshot of the display in this condition.
- In all other resolution cases, there is no display, with the following message on monitor
Unsupported signal. Please check device output. OR No signal.