Headers aren't in deepstream docker -devel image

I am trying to create a x86-64 docker image for my app based on the deepstream image and I am getting:

src/meson.build:16:0: ERROR: Include dir /opt/nvidia/deepstream/deepstream-4.0/sources/includes does not exist.

Apparently the headers aren’t installed, and there doesn’t seem to be an easy way to install them.

root@8f055816cf1a:/opt/nvidia/deepstream/deepstream-4.0# apt search deepstream
Sorting... Done
Full Text Search... Done

Have they been moved someplace standard in the 4.0.2 x86 image or do they not exist? I’m confused as to why the image is tagged -devel and over a gig larger than the -base and -samples.

Am i pulling the wrong image?

Edit: also the “pull tag” buttons on that link don’t work correcly for me.

Hi Mdegans,
In nvcr.io/nvidia/deepstream:4.0.2-19.12-devel, the deepstream is arranged as below. You can find the header files under /root/deepstream_sdk_v4.0.2_x86_64/sources/includes

root@7900d0cfb11e:/opt/nvidia/deepstream/deepstream-4.0# ls
bin lib

root@7900d0cfb11e:~/deepstream_sdk_v4.0.2_x86_64/sources/includes# ls
gst-nvevent.h gstnvdsmeta.h nvds_latency_meta.h nvds_version.h nvdsinfer_dbscan.h nvdsmeta_schema.h
gst-nvmessage.h nvbufsurface.h nvds_logger.h nvdsinfer.h nvdsinfer_tlt.h nvdstracker.h
gst-nvquery.h nvbufsurftransform.h nvds_msgapi.h nvdsinfer_context.h nvdsinfer_utils.h nvll_osd_api.h
gstnvdsinfer.h nvds_dewarper_meta.h nvds_opticalflow_meta.h nvdsinfer_custom_impl.h nvdsmeta.h nvll_osd_struct.h
root@7900d0cfb11e:~/deepstream_sdk_v4.0.2_x86_64/sources/includes# pwd
/root/deepstream_sdk_v4.0.2_x86_64/sources/includes

FYI, topic about creating docker based on nvcr.io/nvidia/deepstream:4.0.2-19.12-devel - Running the Deepstream Python apps in nvcr.io/nvidia/deepstream:4.0.2-19.12-devel container, headles

1 Like

Thanks mchi. I will modify my build system or Dockerfile accordingly. Any chance in the next release the includes can go in the same location as the apt package installs (/opt…) or better yet, in $PREFIX/include (eg. /usr/include or /usr/local/include)?

Will check with docker build team and get back to you.

Thanks!

1 Like

Sorry! This is not supported in the near future, at least in the coming release.

Thanks!