Hello, *nvidia-settings* yields this CRITICAL error message

Hello, nvidia-settings yields this CRITICAL error message.

$ nvidia-settings

(nvidia-settings:8996): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: 16:35:31.347: g_object_unref: assertion 'G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed

This is under Ubuntu 20.04, with nvidia-driver-440

nvidia-setting looks like this

Screenshot from 2020-06-04 17-39-16

LOL “Body is too similar to what you recently posted”

Please run nvidia-bug-report.sh as root and attach the resulting nvidia-bug-report.log.gz file to your post. You will have to rename the file ending to something else since the forum software doesn’t accept .gz files (nifty!).

nvidia-bug-report.log.txt (342.2 KB)

You have an AMD/Nvidia hybrid graphics system which is currently running on AMD only. Please see this how to tweak it for Nvidia usage:
https://forums.developer.nvidia.com/t/nvidia-xconfig-doesnt-do-what-i-want-it-to-nor-does-nvidia-settings/107883/7?u=generix

Do I need to remove the Nvidia driver before this?

I need so that I can turn off the Nvidia video card on ubuntu, that is, so that only AMD is used for ubuntu.
For this, I need a nvidia-xconfig.
Nvidia I use only when I run the system on windows.

I don’t know what you’re trying to achieve.
You say you only want to use the AMD which is what your notebook is configured for right now and then complain that nvidia-settings doesn’t work?
nvidia-settings is an application for graphics settings when the nvidia gpu is in use. What you don’t want.

The point is to be sure that Nvidia is disabled. Then that requires a lot of energy and good cooling. For more energy, I can connect charging. Cooling is a problem.
When I just uninstall the Nvidia driver, the system does not work normally.

So there is no problem in windows, since everything is set up there so that it is Nvidia turned on when the charger is connected.

At the moment I have nvidia connected

Ok, in that case you could try to enable runtime pm, though I don’t know if that works on an AMD based system. Please see “Automated setup” of:
https://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86_64/440.64/README/dynamicpowermanagement.html

cat /sys/bus/pci/devices/0000:01:00.0/power/runtime_status

should return ‘suspended’ after a while.
You should double-check using powertop, though.
If that fails, you would have to install bbswitch and use that.

ok, thanks I’ll see what can be done