Help with smart record issue - minor pause in most recorded files

In recorded files I find there is a small pause when playing them back. It’s always about 2 or 3 seconds into a file.
I have added smart record to my own app which is based on the deepstream-test3 sample.

I’d just like to know how I would go about debugging such an issue.? I don’t see any errors from the app. CPU usage is low, GPU utilisation is not high (using the standard resnet10 with interval 4). Memory usage it low. Files are recorded to a ram drive which should rule out any performance issues writing to the sdcard.

If I simply watch the stream (output it as rtsp again like deepstream-app does) I do not see any pauses.

I’m also wondering if its okay to call NvDsSRStart () from inside a buffer probe? I call it based on their being a detection. Maybe a blocking call like this in a probe takes too long and I should make it async (called via a glib timer for example)?

Please provide complete information as applicable to your setup.

• Hardware Platform (Jetson / GPU) Jetson Nano
• DeepStream Version 5.0GA
• JetPack Version (valid for Jetson only)
• TensorRT Version
• NVIDIA GPU Driver Version (valid for GPU only)
• Issue Type( questions, new requirements, bugs)
• How to reproduce the issue ? (This is for bugs. Including which sample app is using, the configuration files content, the command line used and other details for reproducing)
• Requirement details( This is for new requirement. Including the module name-for which plugin or for which sample application, the function description)

1 Like

Sorry for delay!

It’s always about 2 or 3 seconds into a file.

Is the pause in the start of the video or in the middle of the video?
Is it possible to share a video file so that we can understand the pause better?

I’m also wondering if its okay to call NvDsSRStart () from inside a buffer probe?

Will check and get back to you.

Thanks!

Yeah always at the start of a file and 2 to 3 seconds in regardless of whether I’m recording a 10 second file or 60 second file. The rest of the file plays back nice and smoothly.

Does not happen on every single recorded file, but about 3 out of every 5 files.

Can you show us you codes?

How can I send it? zip? From memory you have an ftp site?

Does github work for you? You can send by message.