How strict is the minimum configuration ?

Hi !

I don’t quite have the minimum requirements for ISAAC Sim, I have a i7-6700K, 16GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1060.
Will that prevent me from using ISAAC Sim, or will it just run slower ?

Thanks!

It might be slower. Please install and run and see if your fps remains around 30. For navigation applications you need the fps to be around 30 in order to the localization work properly. for Kaya apps shouldn’t be a problem.

Hi I was wondering if the Quadro P3200 in the HP ZBook 17 was supported for use with the ISAAC Simulator or should I consider a lower range HP Omen 15 with an RTX 2070?

Hi

We haven’t tested Isaac sim on Quadro P3200, I think the performance is close to GTX 1060, but you can check and compare the benchmarks yourself.

I think if you are going to purchase a new laptop, definitely worth it to go to something with RTX series like RTX 2070. Because as the simulators get more complicated in the next releases they will need better graphics card for good performance.

Hope this helps
Liila

Thanks Leon.
Yes, As Leon mention for Navigation you need at least 30fps.

Liila

I am trying to make use of some of our slightly older pc’s for students to use the Isaac Simulator. I was wonder if a machine with the following specifications will work with the Isaac Simulation software:

Intel I7-2600
32GB RAM DDR3
Nvidia RTX 2060

Hi ilengyel,

This configuration should work.

Please let us know if you hit any problems.
Liila

Hi everyone,

I’m planning to transfer an ROS based mobile robot arm project to Isaac for manipulation jobs. Now, I’m wondering that if my workstation with following configuration could satisfy Isaac Sim:

CPU: Intel i7-9700K
Memory: 16GB RAM
GPU: Nvidia RTX 2070 super

I’m planning to use the Unreal Engine for simulation and want know what’s the potential problems that RAM didn’t meet the minimal requirements. It’s just slower or can not work at all. And should I upgrade the RAM to 32GB for stable performance?

Besides, I have a virtual machine with vGPUs supported by a Nvidia Grid K2, and I could make the GPU card dedicate to my VM if necessary. My question is that can I run Isaac Sim on this kind of virtual machine without complex setup?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Manabieer,

Sorry for the late reply.
This configuration should work for Isaac Sim.

Thanks,
Liila