How to calibrate the steering for Jetracer

Probably a very simple question but I can’t seem to set the the initial ‘forward’ position of my Jetracer to ‘0’ and calibrate to go left and right. This video shows me pushing left and right on the remote contoller. Any help very much appreciated.

Please check if can find those informaton from GitHub - NVIDIA-AI-IOT/jetracer: An autonomous AI racecar using NVIDIA Jetson Nano

Thanks for the link. I have checked through this information and I believe the relevent details are in this notebook
jetracer/basic_motion.ipynb at master · NVIDIA-AI-IOT/jetracer · GitHub.

I have tried and tried but I can’t work out how to set the parameters so that I can make the servo wheel holder to go to the left.
This must be possible because, as you see in the video, the wheel should move in the other direction (to the right as you watch the video)

I know this sounds basic :P

This is related to Waveshare JetRacer kit, and the way you assembled it, and probably less to do with the software setup.

When assembling an RC car and mounting the servo horn on your servo, you want to first make sure you are getting the neutral position on your servo, then attach the servo horn.
The last time I checked, the Waveshare manual did not give a clear instruction on this. I think the best you can do is

1. physically attach the servo horn anyway
  2. run the basic motion example to output 0 for steering, in order to let the servo receive the neutral position signal
  3. physically re-attach the servo horn to be in the neutral position, so that the vehicle go straight

ah right, understood Thanks for the reply. I’ll take some time to make sure it’s straight.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.