How to deal with the tremble while using Joint and ForceField at the same time

I constrained the translation between two objects by Prismatic Joint. In order to provide a constant force ,I used the Linear Force Filed provided by Force Field Extension rather than drive the joint, witch as what I know so far could not provide a constant force well .
But when the pushed object reached the Maximum Limit ,it starts trembling.
Could anyone tell me how to deal with the tremble or how to provide a constant force in other way?

Hello @1031521414! Welcome to the community! I’ve reached out to the dev team for some assistance. I’ll post back when I have more information to share!

Hello @1031521414! I have some help from the dev team for you!

I think what is happening is that the customer created a force field that lifts the cone up, the cone then hits a constraint which prevents it from moving further, so the upward force is fighting against the constraint and the cone then shakes due to the instability. If this is what is happening, I suggest that the customer lower the size of the constant force to see if that helps. Smaller simulation step sizes (or more PhysX substeps) may also help.

Let me know if this helps!

1 Like

Thank you for your help. It is exactly because the constant value I set is too high that caused this situation.