How to Install / Update / Manage GPU Drivers on Jetson Tx2

Hey Developers,

is it possible to install, update or at least have a look at jetson tx2’s graphic drivers?
I want to run googles object detection api which uses Tensorflow and therefore i need to make sure the graphic drivers are up to date to use gpu accelerated computation.

Do the drivers come included with the flashing of JetPack?
If yes how can i see which drivers are installed?

The Jetson wont let me open software-properties-gtk or any other command to have a look at installed graphic drivers (such as “sudo ubuntu-drivers devices” or “lspci | grep -i nvidia”.

There isn’t even nvidia-settings available, which seems strange to me as it is an nvidia board.

To make a long story short: How do i mange Graphic/GPU Drivers on Jetson Tx2 ?

Thank you very much in advance

Hi gustavvz, yes, JetPack automatically installs L4T drivers during flashing (including integrated GPU support).

The way you check which L4T version is installed is by looking at /etc/nv_tegra_release:

head -1 /etc/nv_tegra_release 
# R28 (release), REVISION: 2.0, GCID: 10136452, BOARD: t186ref, EABI: aarch64, DATE: Fri Dec  1 14:20:33 UTC 2017

(current L4T version at time of post is R28.2)

The Jetson uses Tegra SoC with integrated NVIDIA GPU, it doesn’t use PCIe to communicate with GPU, hence PCIe kernel driver isn’t used.

Duplicate of this:
[url]Software-Center does not work and No permission to open "software-properties-gk" - Jetson TX2 - NVIDIA Developer Forums

If you have no display associated with your login the software won’t work…I believe this is what is going on.

export DISPLAY=:0