How to set the minimum expected columns ( gputime, cputime, method, occupancy ) in the CUDAVisualPro

Hello,

Im unable to run a sample cuda SDK project in CUdaVisualprofiler, because of “Error -97 minimum expected columns (cputime, gputime, method, occupancy) are not found in profiler output file”.

How can I set the minimum expected columns (cputime, gputime, method, occupancy) in the profiler output file?

I have seen 2 threads regarding this problem, but didnt find any soluton.

Please Help Me!

Thanks in Advance.

As far as I could tell, you need to make sure that the kernel is fully done computing before the profiler stops collecting the data, otherwise

you’ll get this error message. I stoped it in code after X iterations/seconds and let the profiler run a bit more and then I got the correct results.

However there might be another reason for that :)

eyal

can you explain more clearly what are the settings use to run the VisaulProfiler for “ScalarProd” CUDA SDK example?

There is no special settings for a certain project to run in the VisualProfiler.

I simply saw, that in order to get reliable results (and not the error you’ve suggested) you need to make sure the GPU is

done with its calculation and only then should the visual profiler timer should expire.