For a project which needs to analyse video streams using OpenCV in Python, I discovered the Nvidia Tegra K1 (as much as I have calculation and latency issues with Raspberry).
So, I want to buy a Tegra K1 and a carrier board to set up an environment, which has to allow me to :
- develop and test my OpenCV algorithm
- test in “real” life this hardware (I have to install this module in a warehouse)
I identify the Toradex hardware :
- TK1 : https://www.toradex.com/computer-on-modules/apalis-arm-family/nvidia-tegra-k1
- Carrier board : https://www.toradex.com/products/carrier-board/ixora-carrier-board
- heatsink and accessories…
Even if Toradex provides its own Linux Distribution based on Nvidia L4T, I would like to confirm that I can use the Nvidia L4T and its OpenCV/CUDA integration, etc. out of the box on this hardware. Can I ?
What would you advise me to buy else, if this hardware doesn’t meet my needs ?
I obviously see the NVidia dev kit (https://www.siliconhighwaydirect.co.uk/product-p/940-7r375-0001-000.htm), but I want to develop on the targeted hardware as much as possible.
Thank you in advance.