How to use spi bus to control spi flash memory in Jetson AGX Xavier for a camera module

Hi all,

I’m using an FDP-LINK III cameras with TI serdes pair, i need to retreive the intrinsic parameters from the camera
In the past i used a camera module with i2c eeprom, all i needed to access and hexdump the eeprom is to add the at24 device tree node in the right i2c bus.

I want to do the same with the spi flash but i dont know how to get access to spi bus and how to know in which spi bus is connected the spi flash, for example to detect the i2c eeprom, i’m used to use i2cdetect command, is there any package or tool to scan spi bus, you can have a look of the current setup i’m using

Can you give a device tree example for Jetson AGX Xavier to use an spi device ?

Thanks

Have a reference to below SPI relative topic for Xavier.

Thanks

Hi @ShaneCCC

I mean how to know in which spi bus will be detected the flash spi ? I am not using directly the jetson pins, i am using cam_i2c port to use the camera module that has an spi flash memory.

Is there any example about how to know if the spi flash is detected ?

Thanks

Looks like the flash is connect to the external ISP chip. The only way to communicate to the flash is from external ISP. Please consult to the vendor I don’t think Jetson able to do it.

@ShaneCCC i used a camera with an i2c eeprom, i was able to use at24.c linux driver to use it in fact i had the access through i2c but to its address (0x50), there is no possibility to do the same thing for this spi flash ?

Only if the SPI able to pass the SPI command to flash via I2C command.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.