Image Data conversion for CSI-2 input to Jetson Nano

Hi,

I am trying to interface a custom camera and image sensor with the Jetson Nano Developer kit. The output is in a Camera Link format. Unfortunately I can’t natively convert the sensor output to CSI-2 in the main FPGA to directly interface with the Jetson Nano. Is anyone aware of any dedicated IC’s that might do this conversion ? I’m not finding much…

Thanks in advance,
Jeff

Just as a followup (which maybe an entirely different question in itself) is it possible re-purpose the CSI-2 port on the Jentson Nano to allow for custom input data ? Naturally working within the IO standardsimplmented on the Jetson Nano development board. I’m more of a hardware engineer than software, but can the CSI-2 driver be rewritten to allow for a custom protocol to be used ? Or is it hardware limited ?

Thanks again,
Jeff

Hi Jeff, the Jetson’s MIPI CSI camera interfaces are hardware dedicated to MIPI CSI, and they can’t be generally repurposed. Hence you would need a converter to get CameraLink into CSI format. FPGA IP blocks should be available for FPGA.

I recommend contacting a Jetson Ecosystem Camera Partner whom may have experience with CameraLink and CSI, like D-3 Engineering, AverMedia, e-Con Systems, Leopard Imaging, and ConnectTech:

[url]https://developer.nvidia.com/embedded/community/ecosystem#machine_vis_cam_sens[/url]

Hi Jeff,
Could you able to solve the problem?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.