Implementing Custom Tracker

• Nvidia Jetson Xavier
• DeepStream 6.1.1
• Jetpack 5.0.2-b231
• TensorRT 8.4.1-1
• Issue Type-Question
Requirement details: I am attempting to implement a custom tracker library into DeepStream. I am following this guide: Gst-nvtracker — DeepStream 6.1.1 Release documentation. However, this guide is very vague and doesn’t specify where the Tracker would need to be implemented?

Questions to help me implement the custom tracker are:

1. Is there any sample code for implementing a custom tracker? I have searched all through /opt/nvidia/deepstream without any luck.
  2. I would imagine that the NvDCF code isn’t releasable as its proprietary. However, is the DeepSORT tracker code releasable? The DeepSORT original code is open-source so I wouldn’t imagine there would be an issue with this?

For example, when instantiating a tracker via the configs we give this configuration path under the [tracker] tag: ll-lib-file=/opt/nvidia/deepstream/deepstream/lib/libnvds_nvmultiobjecttracker.so

So, I would assume that I would need to implment the NvMOTContext(or my custom version of this context) within this library? However, I don’t see a way to modify the code for the libnvds_nvmultiobjecttracker?

1 Like

Thanks, I will check with internal team for custom tracker sample.
You need implement your custom tracker library and replace the library in the tracker configure file.

1 Like

A sample MOT tracker implementation showing proper memory allocation and cleanup for the NvMOTContext::processFrame and NvMOTContext::processFramePast methods would be very helpful.

2 Likes

We haven’t plan for custom tracker sample currently.