I am going to write a F.A.Q that I hope this will help a lot of people not to break the driver and some issues when upgrade
- The Actual Driver up to Jetpack 32.7.1 is stuck xorg 1.20
Its not working if you upgrade Xorg 1.21 or higher so it’s needed hold package xorg
Only affected Ubuntu 22.04 upgrade .
You can hold packages with apt-mark command for this.
sudo apt-mark hold xserver-xorg sudo apt-mark hold xserver-xorg-core sudo apt-mark hold xserver-xorg-legacy
- The recent update vulkaninfo is into vulkan-tools package especially on Ubuntu 21.04 and higher will be break info returning conflict with MESA LOADER and icd mesa vulkan driver.json
If it’s returned similar error you needed safe export VK_ICD_FILENAMES=/etc/vulkan/icd.d/nvidia.icd.json and input into .bashrc
- Especially when changing upgrade version will needed re-enable nvidia driver in /etc/X11/xorg.conf
If the line Driver “nvidia” is # it’s needed remove “#” for the re-enable again the nvidia driver .
running Ubuntu 22.04 with LXDE with GPU blobs fine
With LXDE I get about around 3800 fps with glxgears with the CPU at 2.0ghz and gpu having PCIE enabling performance mode compiled into the kernel.
- For the snap store option working it’s needed recompile kernel with these options :
CONFIG_SQUASHFS_XATTR=y CONFIG_SQUASHFS_LZ4=y CONFIG_SQUASHFS_LZO=y
By default will not working Installation of snap packages and will cause dpkg fail job if the kernel does not have these compression enabled one package snap failed is Chromium/Firefox.
Snap for now have some issues for the detected GPU aceleration with NVIDIA aceleration in some packages it does not find the drivers correctly
I recommended use external ppa for better support with GPU NVIDIA drivers without snap support if it’s possible.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:saiarcot895/chromium-beta sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install chromium-browser
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:mozillateam/ppa sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install firefox-esr
- docker.service will fail with recents Ubuntu versions due docker is not compatible with nftables in that case
Needed use legacy options
sudo update-alternatives --set iptables /usr/sbin/iptables-legacy sudo update-alternatives --set ip6tables /usr/sbin/ip6tables-legacy