Jetpack 5.0.2?

It says on the website that it’ll be released on 10th Aug. Want to know about any update.

Will it support Nano though?

Hi @m.ahmad4984, JetPack 5.0.2 is in the final preparations to be released, so it should be posted in the next few days pending any unforeseen delays or blockers.

As per the Jetson Software Roadmap, JetPack 4.6 was the last major release for Nano/TX1/TX2 and JetPack 5.x supports Xavier and Orin devices.

1 Like

So, 5.0.2 won’t support nano.

No, it will not - JetPack 4.6 supports Nano.

The homepage says JetPack 5.02 will be released on 10 Aug, but why is it still not released?

3 Likes

There were some last minute blockers found during testing which means the release is delayed by a few days while those are resolved.

5 Likes

If JetPack 5.0 will not support Nano, how can we install later versions of TensorFlow like v 2.8.0 and v 2.9.1 on Nano using the GPU? Is says Tensorflow v 2.7 can run on JetPack 4.6.1 here: TensorFlow for Jetson Platform Release Notes :: NVIDIA Deep Learning Frameworks Documentation

1 Like

Hi @john193, you could build it from source, but I don’t think we plan to release wheels for newer versions of TensorFlow for JetPack 4.x

JetPack 4.6.1 is based on Ubuntu 18.04 which will end of support on Q1 2023, what will be with Jetpack 4.6.1?

JetPack 4.6.x will remain on Ubuntu 18.04

1 Like

How about JetPack 4.6.1 support, what is the end of life?

I was able to install python 3.8 on Ubuntu 18.04 JetPack 4.6.2 on a Jetson Nano:

python3 --version

Python 3.8.13

then I installed tensorflow using:

pip3 install --pre --extra-index-url https://developer.download.nvidia.com/compute/redist/jp/v46 tensorflow

and if I try

python3 -c "import tensorflow; print(tensorflow.__version__)"

I get:

2.10.0-rc0

Since we haven’t released a TensorFlow 2.10 wheel at all yet for JetPack, and there also aren’t any Python 3.8 wheels under that URL, my guess is that pip pulled the aarch64 wheel from PyPi that was built without GPU support. But if that isn’t the case, let me know, thanks!

I am looking here: Index of /compute/redist/jp/v46/tensorflow but am not seeing the wheel corresponding to 2.10.0-rc0 could you tell me where that one is?

I see - I had somehow installed tensorflow in a virtualenv I think using instructions here: Installation issues with TensorFlow for the Jetson Nano on virtualenv(virtualenvwrapper) but what is the best way to install the latest version of Tensorflow for JetPack 4.6.2 on a Nano 4GB that does have GPU support?

If you are using Python 3.6 and your pip3 points to Python 3.6, then you original command should work for that:

pip3 install --pre --extra-index-url https://developer.download.nvidia.com/compute/redist/jp/v46 tensorflow

I think it didn’t work initially because you were setup with Python 3.8, and we don’t have Python 3.8 wheels under that URL, so it pulled them from PyPi instead.

Hi Dustin, If I understood it correctly, that is going to be a fully supported version of Jetpack for Jetson NX and Orin boards, isnt it?

Yes, JetPack 5.0 supports Xavier and Orin devices, including Jetson Xavier NX, Jetson AGX Xavier, and Jetson AGX Orin.

1 Like

Is the nano going to receive no further updates?? This would be rather shocking - is a layer 5.x jetpack going to support the nano?

I mean a fully supported production release jetpack with ubuntu 20.04, so finally we can forget about ubuntu 18.04))))