JetPack 4.4 - L4T R32.4.3 production release

We are pleased to announce the JetPack 4.4 production release supporting Jetson AGX Xavier series, Jetson Xavier NX, Jetson TX2 series, Jetson TX1, and Jetson Nano. (JetPack 4.4 replaces JetPack 4.3 as the latest production release.)

Please read an important NOTE at the end of this announcement

The JetPack 4.4 production release builds on top JetPack 4.4 Developer Preview, and includes production versions of TensorRT 7.1 and cuDNN 8.0.

Along with JetPack 4.4, we are introducing a web based Power Estimator tool to simplify creation of custom nvpmodel power profiles for Jetson.

Please refer to the JetPack Release Notes and L4T Release Notes for additional info.

JetPack 4.4 Highlights:

JetPack 4.4 components:

• L4T R32.4.3
  • CUDA 10.2
  • cuDNN 8.0.0
  • TensorRT 7.1.3
  • VisionWorks 1.6
  • OpenCV 4.1
  • Vulkan 1.2
  • VPI 0.3 (Developer Preview)
  • Nsight Systems 2020.2
  • Nsight Graphics 2020.1
  • Nsight Compute 2019.3

Existing installations of JetPack 4.4 Developer Preview and JetPack 4.3 can be upgraded in-place to the JetPack 4.4 production release without re-flashing the device. For more information about upgrading JetPack via the Debian package management tool, please refer to the JetPack documentation here.

Download JetPack…JetPack SDK | NVIDIA Developer

JetPack Release Notes…Release Notes :: NVIDIA JetPack Documentation

L4T Release Notes…https://developer.nvidia.com/embedded/secure/tools/files/jetpack-sdks/jetpack-4.4-ga/Jetson_Linux_Driver_Package_Release_Notes_R32.4.3_GA.pdf

Note: Jetpack/L4T upgrade using debian package management tool is now fixed and reenabled.

We had temporarily disabled the feature of upgrading JetPack or L4T using debian package management tool due to an issue we found in one of our debian packages causing the device to not boot properly. We have fixed this issue now and have reenabled this feature. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

A warning and/or bug to squash:

After running apt update this morning on my Xavier NX, I saw the host of upgrades available for the various nvidia-l4t-* packages and happily ran apt upgrade to get the latest versions. (I was upgrading from 32.4.2.) Upon power cycling, my install no longer boots. I’m troubleshooting now, but be advised there may still be some kinks in the package-manager-driven upgrade system.

After finding this post (which I was unaware of initially) and following the links regarding upgrading from a previous JetPack version, I see the instructions follow apt upgrade with apt install nvidia-jetpack, which I did not do. I’m unsure if this is related to my inability to boot.

Worst case scenario I’ll just reflash with the new version directly, but I felt like someone ought to know.

2 Likes

Thank you jmlilly4

If you are upgrading from JetPack 4.4 DP, you will need to upgrade L4T as you did
sudo apt update
sudo apt upgrade

and then install nvidia-jetpack again
sudo apt install nvidia-jetpack

We will be correcting the documentation in L4T documentation to mention this extra step (install nvidia-jetpack) in case you are upgrading full JetPack.

Please refer here for instructions to upgrade JetPack:
https://docs.nvidia.com/jetson/jetpack/install-jetpack/index.html#package-management-tool

Thank you. I’ve reflashed my SD card and will know to add that step in the future; luckily not much work was lost.

I have a lingering worry this may trip others up before long - folks who will see package updates in the apt repos and proceed to run upgrades without ever thinking the consult the L4T documentation. I don’t know enough about apt to think of an obvious fix for that. Maybe a big warning screen as a post-upgrade hook?

We were able to repdroduce the issue even after following the steps i provided. We are looking into fixing it.
Thank you.

Hi,

Please refer to this link to workaround this issue. Really sorry for inconvenience.

Hi, I got a error after upgrading JetPack when I use MobaXterm to connect Jetson NX.

Xlib: extension “NV-GLX” missing on display “localhost:13.0”.

I see this one as well.

I had created a Docker Image based on deepstream-l4t:5.0-dp-20.04 to run the deepstream python apps demos on my xavier nx with Jetpack4.4 DP. It worked perfectly. But when I switched to the 4.4. release (I flashed a new SD card) running the same code (/opt/nvidia/deepstream/deepstream-5.0/sources/python/apps/deepstream-test1-usbcam# python3 deepstream_test_1_usb.py /dev/video0) I got the following error and do not know how to fix it:

InferContext[UID 1]: Info from NvDsInferContextImpl::buildModel() <nvdsinfer_context_impl.cpp:1588> [UID = 1]: Trying to create engine from model files
Warning, setting batch size to 1. Update the dimension after parsing due to using explicit batch size.
ERROR: [TRT]: Network has dynamic or shape inputs, but no optimization profile has been defined.
ERROR: [TRT]: Network validation failed.
ERROR: Build engine failed from config file

I switched back to the 4.4. DP and with my image from dockerhub, it still worked there.

TIA Andy

OpenCV component is already compatible with CUDA and cuDNN?

DeepStream 5.0 Developer Preview is not supported on JetPack 4.4 production release. For using DeepStream 5.0 DP, you will need to be on JetPack 4.4 DP.

JetPack 4.4 production release supports DeepStream 5.0 production release (expected end of this month)

But in case if I need to use opencv with gpu aceleration it will be necessary recompile opencv?

Thank you for the clarification.

Yes, you will have to recompile it, and version 4.3.0 is incompatible. It’s easiest to build from master since that has the necessary fixes already.

1 Like

Does JetPack 4.4 support for TensorFlow?

Thanks

Yes. You can get TensorFlow wheels from here:
https://developer.nvidia.com/embedded/downloads#?search=Tensorflow

Also, we have released Tensorflow container for JetPack 4.4 on NGC

Thank you and sorry to bother you again.
JetPack 4.4 support for TensorFlow in python.
Does JetPack 4.4 support for TensorFlow in C, is there any C API?

@AastaLLL, would you be able to help here with TF C API question.

Is this BSP source package includes cboot source code ? if not can you provide the link for latest cboot ?