Interfacing between FPGA(Xilinx) / Jetson Xavier

Hello,

I’m working on designing a platform which consists of a Jetson Xavier on a carrier board which is connected to a FPGA board. A couple of questions propped up so im wondering if anyone has answers to.

The initial direction is to use Pcie for communication, as in a cable running from the FPGA PCIe edge connector to the carrier board containing the xavier nx. However most if not all jetson boards available don’t have a pcie slot. I do see alot of mpcie slots but those are orientated towards m.2 storage?

is it possible to use a converter cable FPGA → PCIe → mPCIe > Jetson?

Are there any other suitable interfaces that would be better?

Are there any boards available with gen 2/3 PCIe interfaces?

I’m looking for the most painless way of communication.

Thanks,

You can find Nvidia partner products at Jetson Partner Hardware Products | NVIDIA Developer

Please refer to the follow topics:
PCIe Maximum Payload Size only 128bytes - Jetson & Embedded Systems / Jetson Xavier NX - NVIDIA Developer Forums
Credit flow control value for PCIe - Jetson & Embedded Systems / Jetson Xavier NX - NVIDIA Developer Forums
Jetson Xavier Low bandwidth on PCIe - Jetson & Embedded Systems / Jetson Xavier NX - NVIDIA Developer Forums

Thanks for the additional resources, So would mean that its possible to interface with the fpga using PCIe via M.2 2280 socket? I cant see why not right?

Hi, it depends on your choice. For Xavier NX, you can refer to below devkit user guide for the interface info of Xavier NX devkit, all are standard ports that should have no problem to connect to external device.

https://developer.nvidia.com/jetson-xavier-nx-developer-kit-user-guide

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.