Jatpack 5.0.0/5.0.1 compilation errors

Hello,

There are few simple compilation errors on the Jetpack 5.0.0/5.0.1 Developer Preview that can easily fix for next version:

1. One compilation issue, and possible solution is as described here:

on

Linux_for_Tegra/sources/kernel/kernel-5.10/arch/arm64/boot/dts/Makefile

change

DTC_INCLUDE += $(tegra-dtstree)/platform/t23x/common/kernel-dts

To

DTC_INCLUDE += $(tegra-dtstree)/platform/t23x/common

Described here too:

1. Simple missing of quotation mark here:

on

Linux_for_Tegra/sources/kernel/nvidia/drivers/misc/Kconfig

source “drivers/misc/nvscic2c-pcie/Kconfig”

1. Missing include as described here:

In file included from /home/netipc/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/JetPack_5.0_DP_Linux_DP_JETSON_AGX_XAVIER_TARGETS/Linux_for_Tegra/sources/kernel/nvidia/drivers/net/ethernet/nvidia/nvethernet/ether_linux.c:19:
/home/netipc/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/JetPack_5.0_DP_Linux_DP_JETSON_AGX_XAVIER_TARGETS/Linux_for_Tegra/sources/kernel/nvidia/drivers/net/ethernet/nvidia/nvethernet/ether_linux.h:62:10: fatal error: osi_core.h: No such file or directory
62 | #include <osi_core.h>

I am not sure what is the best way to solve that. I hacked the compilation by first compile the code as is. It stopped due the missing osi_core.h. and then recompile, with the symlink.

Hi,
So you have download kernel code of 5.0.1 DP and try to compile it for Xavier NX, and hit the failure. Is it correct? Ideally it should work by downloading the code and compiling it directly.

I didn’t try 5.0.1 yet. but from the changelog I didn’t see any note about that failures.
And, also didn’t see the fixes on the sources repos

I still don’t see the fix on git://nv-tegra.nvidia.com/linux-nvidia.git.
Can that be fixed?

Hi,
We have fixed certain issues in DP 5.0.1. Please upgrade and give it a try. The kernel shall be compiled successfully if you follow the default steps.

There is a known issue if you fetch kernel source code through source_sync.sh. Please get the code from source code package.

Hi, I have downloaded the source directly, and the changes has not done.
How the direct downloaded files and the git files are synced?

I can’t understand how all other can compile the code? because for sure there are syntax error on the first comment, for example.

Hi,
It does seems that some of the errors fixed:

1. Fixed - the folders moved
  2. Not Fixed - There is still missing quotation mark. but for some reason it doesn’t fail the build now
  3. Fixed - not sure how, but it fixed.

But still why its not on the Git?
we do kernel changes, and without git tracing its hard to avoid errors.
Is it possible to ensure pushing the changes to git? how responsible for that?

Hi,
Please upgrade to latest Jetpack 5.1.2 and try. Certain issues are fixed in later releases.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.