JetPack 3.1 — L4T R28.1 released for Jetson TX1/TX2

You can copy just the original file back in, or perhaps a symbolic link, but unpacking a tar file in “/” is the least error-prone fix (and you can keep the tar file in “/” for future use).

Thanks SirRobert. After re downloading the kernel source kernel now builds ok.

Folks,
I am unable to install and find VisionWorks-SFM-1.6 samples. I installed 1.6, with following commands -

sudo dpkg -i libvisionworks-repo_1.6.0.233n_arm64_l4t-r26.deb
sudo apt-get install -f

Any idea where can I find 1.6 samples ?

Subsequently I am looking for libovx.a for my application, which was in /home/ubuntu/VisionWorks-1.6-Samples/libs/aarch64/linux/release/libovx.a, for my Tx1.

Thanks,

visionworks-sfm is a separate package from visionworks.
Also, this is likely not the best thread to ask this question in.

ya, newmanross, after fix portal code issue, both u-boot and kernel build are good now.

dumbogeorge, VW is part of JetPack 3.1 installation,
or can be separately downloaded from,

as snarky put it.
Sample can be found under /usr/share/visionworks/sources/samples after installation. Thanks.

Hi,

Do you know how to independently install TensorRT 2.1.2 into TX2? Or how to find the path of TensorRT when using JetPack 3.1 to install?

Thanks.

I know how to independently install tensor 1.3. TensorRT is installable via Jetpack, in my opinion. Isn’t it?

TensorRT distribution for ARM is downloaded by JetPack as debian packages. After running the pre-flash phase of JetPack, when it downloads the packages, look under the ‘jetpack_download’ directory where JetPack binary is located. In there will be the nv-gie-repo package (this is TensorRT) that you can manually copy over to Jetson - note that you will also need cuDNN, ect. (for this reason, using JetPack for flashing/post-install is recommended). After it’s been installed to Jetson, TensorRT is located in a few places:

/usr/include/aarch64-linux-gnu   (headers - NvInfer.h)
/usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu       (shared libraries - libnvinfer.so)
/usr/share/doc/tensorrt          (documentation)
/usr/source/tensorrt             (samples)

Hello.

The link to the L4T R27.1 is broken. Could you please fix it.

Thanks

Hi thias15, thanks for letting us know. We will get these links fixed on the page.

Hi, I’m trying to flash Ubuntu 16.04 on my TX2 with JetPack 3.1 but I get a room communication error. My host is a Ubuntu 16.04 computer.

./tegraflash.py --chip 0x18 --applet "/home/casadei/Downloads/64_TX2/Linux_for_Tegra_tx2/bootloader/mb1_recovery_prod.bin" --cmd "dump eeprom boardinfo cvm.bin" --skipuid 
Welcome to Tegra Flash
version 1.0.0
Type ? or help for help and q or quit to exit
Use ! to execute system commands

[   0.0026 ] Generating RCM messages
[   0.0145 ] tegrarcm_v2 --listrcm rcm_list.xml --chip 0x18 --download rcm /home/casadei/Downloads/64_TX2/Linux_for_Tegra_tx2/bootloader/mb1_recovery_prod.bin 0 0
[   0.0160 ] RCM 0 is saved as rcm_0.rcm
[   0.0643 ] RCM 1 is saved as rcm_1.rcm
[   0.0643 ] List of rcm files are saved in rcm_list.xml
[   0.0644 ] 
[   0.0644 ] Signing RCM messages
[   0.0914 ] tegrasign_v2 --key None --list rcm_list.xml --pubkeyhash pub_key.key
[   0.0940 ] Assuming zero filled SBK key
[   0.1193 ] 
[   0.1194 ] Copying signature to RCM mesages
[   0.1207 ] tegrarcm_v2 --chip 0x18 --updatesig rcm_list_signed.xml
[   0.1224 ] 
[   0.1225 ] Boot Rom communication
[   0.1241 ] tegrarcm_v2 --chip 0x18 --rcm rcm_list_signed.xml --skipuid
[   0.1262 ] Boot Rom communication failed
[   3.2008 ] 
Error: Return value 3
Command tegrarcm_v2 --chip 0x18 --rcm rcm_list_signed.xml --skipuid
Reading board information failed.

I’ve seen some people complaining about it. Is is a problem with Jetpack 3.1? I really need to flash a new ubuntu on my TX2.

Hi vchrlho, some people have reported issues flashing from Ubuntu 16.04 host. Can you try flashing from the officially supported Ubuntu 14.04 host?

[url]https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/1014161/jetson-tx2/tx2-fails-to-boot-rom-communications/post/5202237/#5202237[/url]

The problem is that I need to have Ubuntu 16.04.

Is there a workaround to install this version of Ubuntu?

16.04 is still installed to the Jetson, but 14.04 is the official host version for flashing. Some people may be able to flash from 16.04 without issue, however others seem to encounter the error you posted. Short of using a (shorter) USB cord or removing any USB hub between the PC and Jetson, you may need to try 14.04 at least temporarily on the host.

Is there an estimate to when issue #200327384 (WiFi Ad-Hoc networking is not supported and may cause a system crash if enabled.) will be resolved? Is there a way to track it or have a fix prior to an official release?

This problem does not seem to be present in R27.1, but we need r28.1 for some of the other fixes, but we also need the Ad-Hoc wifi to work!

Hi hgreen, I can’t find the topic, can you link to it? Generally the bug would be fixed in next JetPack release, but I’ll look into it.

I don’t know of any topic for it, but it is documented in the R28.1 release notes:
http://developer2.download.nvidia.com/embedded/L4T/r28_Release_v1.0/Docs/Tegra_Linux_Driver_Package_Release_Notes_R28.1.pdf Page 13.

That’s why I was asking since it is obviously a known issue to NVIDIA but I don’t see anywhere to track its resolution or urge its resolution…

Thank you, we are looking into the resolution status. As a temporary workaround, can you try open mode or without encryption?

Yes, running IBSS without an encryption key works. This may be alright in the lab but not for any kind of operational use case.

Is there a way to be notified when a solution for this problem is made available?

OK, I will provide that feedback to make sure it’s clear. If you wish to keep up on status, I recommend that you create a separate topic about this issue here on the Jetson forums (seeing as there isn’t one yet), then subscribe to e-mail notifications on the topic. Note that this particular issue is caused by a firmware update from the wireless vendor, however since IBSS mode isn’t listed in the Jetson specifications it may not be officially supported.