JetPack 4.2.1 - L4T R32.2 release for Jetson Nano, Jetson TX1/TX2, and Jetson AGX Xavier

NVIDIA is excited to have released JetPack 4.2.1 and L4T R32.2, the latest production release including new features and improvements for Jetson Nano, Jetson TX1/TX2, and Jetson AGX Xavier! See the Key Features for a list of highlights, including:

• Headless initial system configuration via the flashing USB port or UART
  • NVIDIA Indicator Applet for nvpmodel performance power mode switching
  • The Jetson Zoo repository of popular open-source packages and DNN models
  • Support for Jetson TX2 4GB module (P3489-0080)
  • Support for DeepStream 4.0 and ISAAC 2019.2
  • FreeRTOS implementation for Cortex-R5 core
  • New beta features:
    • Xavier DLA support for INT8 in TensorRT
    • NVIDIA Container Runtime with Docker Integration

The NVIDIA SDK Manager can be used to install JetPack 4.2, including developer tools with support for cross-compilation.

For more information, please refer to the JetPack Release Notes and L4T Release Notes.

JetPack 4.2.1 components:

• L4T R32.2 (K4.9)
  • Ubuntu 18.04 LTS aarch64
  • CUDA 10.0.326
  • cuDNN 7.5.0.66
  • TensorRT 5.1.6.1
  • VisionWorks 1.6
  • OpenCV 3.3.1
  • Nsight Systems 2019.4
  • Nsight Graphics 2019.2
  • SDK Manager 0.9.13

Download JetPack…https://developer.nvidia.com/embedded/jetpack
Release Notes…https://docs.nvidia.com/jetson/jetpack/release-notes/index.html
L4T Release Notes…https://developer.nvidia.com/embedded/dlc/Tegra_Linux_Driver_Package_Release_Notes_R32.2.0_GA.pdf

Nice work!

When is DeepStream 4 expected to be released?

Thanks for the update!
Is there any example on how to use the FreeRTOS implementation on Jetson TX2?

Hi elias_mir, we are shooting for next week for the DeepStream 4.0 release - stay tuned.

Hi, yes, I believe there are samples and documentation included with the sources.

I will take a look then. Thanks!

Hi ajcalderont, just checked and the FreeRTOS sources are included here and you can find documentation about the samples in the Jetson Sensor Processing Engine (SPE) Developer Guide.

Perfect, thanks!

“NVIDIA Container Runtime with Docker Integration” is that Nvidia-Docker?

Yep, it was previously known as NVIDIA-Docker - for more info about the initiative, see here: https://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-container-runtime

@dusty_nv Thanks for sharing, but I cannot seem to find the source code for the SPE examples. The FreeRTOS sources do not include the SPE sample apps and neither does the documentation you shared.

Hello;

With this sdk manager release, I try to install JetPack 4.2 to my Jetson TX2, I do edit the configuration file inside

Jetson_Linux_R32.1.0_aarch64

Linux_for_Tegra/

p2771-0000.conf.common

like I used to do Jetpack 3.3. I close the debug port and edit pcie express entrance activation for my pcie express card. While doing that works on Jetpack 3.3 this edit of the configuration does not work for last release of sdkmanager, Jetpack 4.2 installation.

Btw after editing the configuration file i save the archive and close the internet connection so that SdkManager does not redownload the configuration file path.

What should I do to close the debug port and change odm in configuration file on last SdkManager version?

Hi atyshka, we are posting them online soon - sorry about that.

@dusty_nv, great updates! I see TEE OS Trusty is now supported from release notes, very excited about it. I’ve got the new update installed through SDK manager. How can I test the trusty os and use it ? Is there any doc on this security feature? Thanks!

“New for Jetson AGX Xavier and Jetson TX2 series modules
Supports FreeRTOS for SPE (Cortex-R5)
Enables open source real-time operating system to run on the Sensor Processing Engine (SPE) in Jetson AGX Xavier and Jetson TX2 series modules. Example use cases include sensor data processing, wake up management, UAV, and robotics applications.
Trusty, a Trusted Execution Environment that enables booting a Trusted OS
Provides a framework for customers to use when implementing applications that work with confidential assets.

After installing the new Jetpack 4.2, it is no long possible to root the jetson nano on a faster USB SSD drive as described on this video on jetson hack.com

This is the error I got when following the instructions to build the kernal. I Want to confirm that I do have a jetson nano and I had it rooted to run on USB SSD until I decided to upgrade to the new Jetpack 4.2 now suddenly I am getting this “jetson Board Mismatch” issue which is not making any sense.

jetson1@jetson1-desktop:~/rootOnUSB$ ./buildKernel.sh
Jetson Model: NVIDIA Jetson Nano Developer Kit
Jetson L4T:
==== Jetson Board Mismatch! =============
Currently this script works for the jetson-nano.
This processor appears to be a NVIDIA Jetson Nano Developer Kit, which does not have a corresponding script

Exiting
jetson1@jetson1-desktop:~/rootOnUSB$

Does anyone have the work around for this? HOW can I root my jetson nano to run on USB SSD with Jetpack 4.2?

Hi gilley55, you might want to post an issue on that JetsonHacks GitHub repo. It looks like you could start with searching for the check for “jetson-nano” and replacing the string with “Jetson Nano Developer Kit”.

Hi, the SPE sample sources are now posted in the Downloads area, so you can find them there.

Thanks a lot for posting those! One thing I noticed in the code and documentation was reference to using the always-on mic and SPE for voice-wake functionality. This is also referenced in the Xavier Technical Reference Manual. Is this feature planned for a future release or is this left to the end user to implement?

i use sdkmanager(jetpack 4.2.1) to flash os to target(tx2), after flash finished,the target display as follow, and the target is always reboot.

then i use jetpack3.3 to re-flash os to the target, after flash finished, the target works ok, and then i use sdkmanager(jetpack4.2.1) to re-falsh os to the target, after flash finished, the same problem, the target dispaly as follows.

how can i fix the issue, thanks.

=========================================================================================================
mount:mount point /mnt/proc does not exist
mount:mount point /mnt/dev does not exist
cp:not writing through dangling symlink ‘etc/resolv.conf’
/sbin/init:error while loading shared libraries:libip4tc.so.0:cannot open shared object file:No such file or directory
[3.689997] kernel panic - not syncing:attempted to kill init! exitcode=0x00007f00
[3.689997]
[3.699184] cpu:1 pid:1 comm:init not tainted 4.9.140-tegra #!
[3.705325] hardware name:quill(DT)
[3.709026] Call trace:
dump_backtrace+0x0/0x198
show_stack+0x24/0x30
dump_stack+0x98/0xc0
panic+0x11c/0x298
do_exit+0xa04/0xa08
do_group_exit+0x40/0xa8
_wake_up_parent+0x0/0x40
el0_svc_naked+0x34/0x38
[3.753201] smp:stopping secondary cpus
kernel offfset disabled
memory limit :none
trusty-log panic notifier -trusty version build:16:57:40 jul 16 2019 rebooting in 5 seconds…

For the host which flashed the TX2, how much disk space does it have, and was it ext4? See:

df -H -T ~/nvidia

Also, what is the exact byte size of the raw image:

ls -l ~/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/JetPack_4.2_Linux_P3310/Linux_for_Tegra/bootloader/system.img.raw