(JetPack 4.2.2 - L4T R32.2.1)How to set TX2 otg usb as device mode?

In (JetPack 4.2.2 - L4T R32.2.1),How to set TX2 OTG USB as device mode ? I want connect the TX2 to HOST PC through usb cable. PC is the host and TX2 is the device.

In R28.1,I have successfully set up and work normally,Here are the previous steps:

1. Apply the patches and rebuild/apply new dtb
  2. Run “configfs_msc_l4t.sh” script to enable device mode
  3. Plug in USB3.0 cable
  4. sudo su
  5. echo 0x1 > /sys/class/extcon/extcon0/state

Please help me see how to solve it.

configfs.sh.txt (6.4 KB) hardware-nvidia-platform-t18x-common.patch.txt (1.4 KB) hardware-nvidia-platform-t18x-quill.patch.txt (3.5 KB)

Hi,
If you connect to micro-B port on TX2, TX2 runs in device mode automatically. Please try this.

I need is USB3.0 device mode,transmitting video data,my carried board use R28.1 usb3.0 device is ok, but (JetPack 4.2.2 - L4T R32.2.1) no success.

What kind of error do you hit?

No response? or not in 3.0 mode? Please elaborate more about your problem.

Also, have you tried jp4.4? jp4.2.2 is kind of old.

my carried board no design OTG in cable,How can I manually configure to USB3.0 OTG device mode.

example : In R28.1,(echo 0x1 > /sys/class/extcon/extcon0/state) for force device mode.

No idea what you are talking about.

If there is no OTG port on your board, how do you flash the board?

my carried board no design OTG ID Pin in cable,Software can be forced to OTG device mode.

example : In R28.1,(echo 0x1 > /sys/class/extcon/extcon0/state) for force device mode.

Please try to echo 0x2 to the extcon.

The following is the code modification of USB3.0 OTG in jetpack4.2.2 R32.2.1, after command(echo 0x2 > /sys/class/extcon/extcon0/state);(ifconfig -a)command Unable to discover device.

jetpack4.2.2-R32.2.1-hardware-nvidia-platform-t18x-common.patch.txt (2.4 KB) jetpack4.2.2-R32.2.1-hardware-nvidia-platform-t18x-quill.patch.txt (4.5 KB)

please check TX2 adaptation guide published on 2019. That document has tutorial on dts setting.

I follow these steps on the devit board(TX2), Can it work normally in usb3.0 rndis.

1.write correct dtb.
2.Plug in USB3.0 cable(type A),TX2 is device, PC(linux) is host.
3.echo 0x2 > /sys/class/extcon/extcon0/state

Hi,
There is a known issue about USB tethering. Please check
Jetson/L4T/r32.3.x patches - eLinux.org
USB tethering does not work

If you find the function does not work with certain Android phones, please apply the patch.