Jetson AGX Orin

Hello all,

These days, I am coordinating a search project to develop a search-and-rescue drone, and I wish to have a jetson module for on-bard computing.
My initial intent was to buy a Jetson AGX Xavier Developer Kit, as well as a Jetson AGX Xavier Module, and swap the heavier module part from the Devkit with the lighter and passively cooled Jetson AGX Xavier Module. In other words, I was planning to use the board from the Devkit and attach it to the AGX Xavier Module.
Since the above two products are tough to find these days, I am now focusing on the Orin family and thinking of following a similar approach. Thus, I would like to ask the following questions:

1. Does anyone know whether the board that comes with the Jetson AGX Orin Developer Kit will be compatible with the Jetson AGX Orin Module?
  2. If the above is possible, does anyone has any estimate regarding the total weight for such a solution? In other words, what is the weight of the board in the Jetson AGX Orin Developer Kit and the weight of the Jetson AGX Orin Module?
  3. If the above solution does not fulfill our needs, does anyone knows if NVIDIA has any plans to release a Jetson Orin NX Developer Kit? I understand that the Jetson Orin NX Modules are on their way, but I couldn’t find any reference for an equivalent DevKit.

Thank you!

Hello @lbampis,

You could check out the Jetson AGX Xavier H01 Kit which comes with a Jetson Xavier AGX module installed. It is a custom carrier board that functions similar to the dev kit.

You can see a comparison here:

Also, for Jetson Orin, you can have a look here:

Hope that helps!

Thank you for your recommendation. May I ask, what would be the weight of the Jetson AGX Xavier H01 Kit? Also, is the cooling case on top of the module removable?

Hello,

The weight of the kit is around 935g. You can remove the cooling case on top. This cooling case includes a heat sink and a fan.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.