Jetson_multimedia_api argus_camera Segmentation fault on Jetpack 4.4 tegra-l4t-r32.4.3

Hello

I just installed the new software on my jetson nano devkit using SDKManager.
I compiled the the argus exaple and found that the example application argus_camera now segfaults when calling “PROPAGATE_ERROR(m_deviceFocusPositionRange.set(iCameraProperties->getFocusPositionRange()));”
This did not happen on Jetpack 4.3 with tegra-l4t-r32.3.1
The application started working when I commented out the line in question.
I think there is a bug in the argus library.

Everything is default, no changes, camera imx219 from raspberry pi.

Will there be a fix for this?

hello hsm,

according to Topic 141432, it looks like known issue here.
could you please have workaround to commented out several focus camera properties calls for verification.
thanks

Hello JerryChang,
Thank you for your answer.

As I already stated in my original post, the application starts working when I comment out this single line “PROPAGATE_ERROR(m_deviceFocusPositionRange.set(iCameraProperties->getFocusPositionRange()));”

There is another occurrence of getFocusPositionRange in the source code but it is not called.

Other than that the application seems to work fine.

hello hsm,

we had confirm with r32.4.3; that argus_camera works with some header file modifications,
please refer to post #9 for the code snippets to recompile argus_camera for verification.
thanks

Hello JerryChang,
Although the patch in this post didn’t apply because it is malformed, I applied the changes manually. After recompiling argus_camera worked.

1 Like