Jetson Nano 2GB, dlib in dockerfile

my jetpack version is 4.6.1

Hello, I am building docker on my jetson nano 2gb, my goal is to build a dlib with CUDA support, dlib is installed without an issue on jetpack(outside of the docker), but the same commands fails during building the docker, here is my dockerfile:

FROM nvcr.io/nvidia/l4t-ml:r32.7.1-py3
ARG DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive
RUN apt-get update && apt-get upgrade -y
RUN apt-get install python3-pip -y
RUN apt-get install sudo --fix-missing

WORKDIR /mylibs
RUN sudo apt-get install libjpeg-dev
RUN wget http://dlib.net/files/dlib-19.21.tar.bz2
RUN tar jxvf dlib-19.21.tar.bz2
WORKDIR /mylibs/dlib-19.21
RUN sudo python3 setup.py install

the ouput I get:

-- Found CUDA: /usr/local/cuda (found suitable version "10.2", minimum required is "7.5")
-- Looking for cuDNN install...
-- Found cuDNN: /usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/libcudnn.so
-- Building a CUDA test project to see if your compiler is compatible with CUDA...
-- Building a cuDNN test project to check if you have the right version of cuDNN installed...
-- *****************************************************************************************************
-- *** Found cuDNN, but we failed to compile the dlib/cmake_utils/test_for_cudnn project.
-- *** You either have an unsupported version of cuDNN or something is wrong with your cudDNN install.
-- *** Since a functional cuDNN is not found DLIB WILL NOT USE CUDA.
-- *** The output of the failed test_for_cudnn build is:

and after that:

-- Disabling CUDA support for dlib.  DLIB WILL NOT USE CUDA

What is even more interesting is that if I create a docker without last line(RUN sudo python3 setup.py install), enter the bash of created docker and run

RUN sudo python3 setup.py install

dlib will be installed with CUDA support

Hi,
Please check the below links, as they might answer your concerns.

Thanks!

They don’t

Hi,

We are moving this post to the Jetson Nano forum to get better help.

Thank you.

Hi,

-- *** Found cuDNN, but we failed to compile the dlib/cmake_utils/test_for_cudnn project.
-- *** You either have an unsupported version of cuDNN or something is wrong with your cudDNN install.

It seems that the CUDA support is turned off due to some cuDNN issue.
Could you attach the complete output log from building dlib with us?

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.