Jetson nano bootloader issue, unable to flash it through sdkmanager

Hi, after shutting down my jetson nano B01, it’s not booting up. just a black screen. tried to flash it through sdkamanager, but getting the below error during flash. any help will be much appreciated.

logs:
ERROR: Flash Jetson Nano - flash: Board ID(3448) version(400)

ERROR: Flash Jetson Nano - flash: 4 bytes copied, 4.859e-05 s, 82.3 kB/s

ERROR: Flash Jetson Nano - flash: Failed flashing t210ref.

ERROR: Flash Jetson Nano - flash: command terminated with error

SUMMARY: Flash Jetson Nano - flash: First Error: Installation failed.**

Hi,

can you flash it again with the command tools provided in our BSP,
and put the complete log here?

Hi, thanks for the response. I’ve tried running the provided bcp tools and followed instructions as per the link : https://developer.download.nvidia.com/embedded/L4T/r32_Release_v1.0/Docs/l4t_quick_start_guide.txt?t=eyJscyI6ImdzZW8iLCJsc2QiOiJodHRwczovL3d3dy5nb29nbGUuY29tLyJ9

but failed. attached the log file for the same.

I checked cboot.bin where the issue occuring,
/chkbdinfo cboot.bin
ERROR: calculated CRC8 0xfa != stored CRC8 0xaa

Please let me know what I should do and where I need to make change.
logs.txt (9.3 KB)

Hi,

what does UART give you when you power on the device?

Hi, when i power on device, it is black screen and nothing appears on it. when I try to flash it in force recovery mode the above error occurs.

Hi,

I mean does UART also give nothing? Looks like your EEPROM is corrupted, and you have to at least be able to get into uboot to correct it.

Yes, you need to get a TTL-USB cable, and there is a line of pins on the side of your board (NOT GPIO), stating words like TXD, RXD, FC REC, GND…

Connect the RXD cable to the TXD pin on your board, vice versa, and also the GND pin, and connect the USB end of the cable to your host PC. Then there should be some ttyUSBx devices showing up under /dev/ on the host, open the UART connection with tools like picocom:

sudo picocom -b 115200 /dev/ttyUSB0

Power on your device, and there should be something popping up. Put the log here. Try other ttyUSBx if you get nothing.

Hi, I have just ordered USB TTL cable & will receive it in two days. I’ll check UART and will paste the logs here. thanks for the information.

1 Like

Hi, i bought the TTL-USB cable and connected to my ubuntu 18.04 version. it did detect my jetson as ttyUSB0. I ran the picocom command, but it’s not entering into terminal mode. it just stating “Terminal Ready” and the cursor is blinking but not moving further. please let me know what i have to do resolve this issue.

log:
ubuntu@ubuntu-HP-EliteBook-830-G6:~/Downloads/Linux_for_Tegra$ sudo picocom -b 115200 /dev/ttyUSB0
picocom v2.2

port is : /dev/ttyUSB0
flowcontrol : none
baudrate is : 115200
parity is : none
databits are : 8
stopbits are : 1
escape is : C-a
local echo is : no
noinit is : no
noreset is : no
nolock is : no
send_cmd is : sz -vv
receive_cmd is : rz -vv -E
imap is :
omap is :
emap is : crcrlf,delbs,

Type [C-a] [C-h] to see available commands

Terminal ready

Hi,

did you power on your device after opening the serial connection?
Is there any other ttyUSBx available under /dev/?

Hi,

I just found another user had the same problem as you did, and looks like you can override the EEPROM from your host when flashing.
Can you give this post a try?

Hi, I will give it a try. but the values provided here are for emmc version. could you please provide for jetson nano b01 version and also provide .bin files that needs to replaced.

Hi,

you may check this post for steps on the SD card version:

Hi, I’ll try this once I’m back to my room. I just wanted to know, I have downloaded L4T 32.3.1 version and followed instructions.
$ tar xf ${L4T_RELEASE_PACKAGE}
$ cd Linux_for_Tegra/rootfs/
$ sudo tar xpf …/…/${SAMPLE_FS_PACKAGE}
$ cd …
$ sudo ./apply_binaries.sh

I haven’t flashed or connected my jetson nano in recovery mode yet.
when I checked the nvtboot_cpu.bin, nvtboot_recovery.bin, nvtboot_recovery_cpu.bin under bootloader, it showing crc8 values mismatching. is it from the your end or my end ? or is this normal ? attached screenshot for your reference.

Hi,

I think chkbdinfo is only for checking cvm.bin, which will only be generated after you succeed in flashing the device. I’m not sure how you came up with it, but it’s not meant to be used in scenarios like this.

Hi, this solution really did help me to flash jetson nano b01. thank you for this info and help.

after flashing jetson nano, it did boot-up, but i’m not able to upgrade, resulting in errors. I checked the i2cdump and it seems data is missing. could you help me to fix this ?

sudo i2cdump -y 2 0x50

Hi,

you need to change the checksum bit (0xff) back to the correct value, and you may use tools like shown below to help you calculate it:

Then run:

sudo i2cset -f -y 2 0x50 0xff <correct value>

Hi, I have never done this before, not sure how to calculate the correct value or what should i put there ? could you please simply these things and let me know what to keep there ?

Hi

I think the README of this GitHub repo is very clear. You should find cvm.bin under /Linux_for_Tegra/bootloader, just pass the file as parameters to the program, and it will output the CRC8 checksum value for you.

Hi,

sorry for misleading here. cvm.bin is generated by reading the EEPROM on the module, but you bypass reading it when flashing, so it will not be generated.

I think you can just put the dumped content with sudo i2cdump -y 2 0x50 as a string, and use this website to calculate it.

Then reset 0xff of EEPROM with the command I gave you.