Hello, I’ve been searching through the forums and found several topics related to PCIe compatibility issues with the Nano and the M.2 connection, but I have not been able to pinpoint our issue.
We are using the Jetson Nano development kit with this M.2 key-E to mini-PCIe adapter:
Capture card that DOES work, AVerMedia DarkCrystal HD Capture Mini-PCIe:
Capture card that is NOT working, AVerMedia CM313B:
Here are the different hardware configurations and their results:
- Boot with nothing plugged into the M.2 slot, no issues :)
- Boot with only the M.2 > PCIe adapter, no issues :)
- Boot with DarkCrystal HD plugged into PCIe adapter, no issues :)
- Boot with CM313B plugged into PCIe adapter, issues :(
- i2c boot errors
- no UART debug output
- PCIe card is not detected with lspci
- HDMI only outputs lowest resolution of 640x480 for a few minutes, turns off, then turns back on at 1280x720 as highest option
Attached are the logs for configurations 1 (no pcie card), 3 (darkCrystal), and 4 (cm313b).
Oh, I’ve also tried masking the i2c pins on the cm313b card but it did not help.
Any assistance is greatly appreciated!!