Jetson Nano Nsight Eclipse remote debug error

I am trying remote debug using gdb in Nsight Eclipse edition 10.2 from Ubuntu 18.04 LTS computer to jetson-nano board. I am getting error
"Error in final launch sequence
Failed to execute MI command:
-target-select remote 172.16.16.17:2345
Error message from debugger back end:
172.16.16.17:2345: No route to host.
warning: “remote:” is deprecated, use “target:” instead.
warning: sysroot set to “target://”.
Please help to solve the issue.

Thanks for reaching out - I’m currently looking into what could be going on and I’ll let you know when I have more information.

Did you follow the steps described here Nsight Eclipse Plugins Edition Getting Started Guide In the “Debugging Remote CUDA Applications” section.

Specifically Step 6 " Optional: Press Connect to verify the selected remote connection." Does that work?

If that’s not working, what step along the way breaks? Or does your system not match what’s in the instructions?

Step 6 is working and remote connection is establishing when i enter SSH ip address and password of jetson nano. but it fails when i clicked “Debug”.

The “no route to host” error is what the Linux networking stack returns when it can’t find a way to deliver a TCP/IP packet to that IP address. Based on that error, it apperas to me that your Nano is unreachable via TCP/IP from the host that is running Eclipse. Are you able to reach the Nano from a Linux shell? If you type this command:

• ping 172.16.16.19

what results to you get?

I have the same issue where Im getting the exact same error message
Terminal:
Coalescing of the CUDA commands output is off.
warning: “remote:” is deprecated, use “target:” instead.
warning: sysroot set to “target://”.

Error message pop-up:
Error in final launch sequence
Failed to execute MI command:
-target-select remote 192.168.0.100:2345
Error message from debugger back end:
192.168.0.100:2345: Connection timed out.
192.168.0.100:2345: Connection timed out.

I checked the link Nsight Eclipse Plugins Guide and saw that my system doesn’t match with the instructions.
I have Debug As → 1 Local C/C++ Application, 2 remote C/C++ Application
The device can also be reached through ssh.

@steveu @jmarusarz