Jetson Nano serial communication with external device

Hi there,

I’m trying to create a communication channel between my Jetson Nano board and a second device that could be a laptop, a raspberry or another Jetson Nano as well. I’m trying to do it just using a simple male-male USB cable and the pyserial library, but I am facing a problem that I’m not able to solve and understand: when I plug the cable on both the Jetson Nano and the second device, for example a Windows 10 PC, I cannot see any ttyUSB0 device attached to the Jetson nano under the /dev directory (there are no differences at all doing the ls of the directory with the USB cable plugged and unplugged).

Can someone please tell me why I am failing and maybe give me some tips to make it works? It is not mandatory to use the USB cable, it could also be an Ethernet one, but I would like to avoid the UART interface because I don’t have the hardware to use it (the cable with all the female pins).

Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards,
Francesco

Hi,
For USB communication, usually once device is in host mode and the other is in device mode. In connecting to Windows 10 PC, you may connect with micro to type A USB cable to run Nano in device mode.

You should see README pop up: