Jetson Orin NX 16 GB install errors and Jetson Linux compatibility

Hello! I’m Jiwook.

I tried to install Jetson Linux 36.2 by flashing on NVMe SSD card on my Jetson Orin NX 16GB board with the custom carrier board, AVerMedia D133 which supports Orin Nano and NX lines.

First, I tried SDKmanager to install Jetpack 6.0 DP, which is compatible for Jetson Linux 36.2, but it got failed.
After that I realized that it only supports devkits, I tried manual CLI-based flashing following:
https://docs.nvidia.com/jetson/archives/r36.2/DeveloperGuide/IN/QuickStart.html

I also failed to finish install.

Then I realized that the custom carrier boards need to be modified accordingly, therefore I tried the custom BSP file which is given by the carrier board’s manufacturing company, AVerMedia:
https://www.avermedia.com/professional/support/download?model_number=D133

It failed to flash also.

I once tried to flash the NVMe SSD card using my Jetson Orin Nano DevKit, then using that SSD card to attach to my Orin NX board. It succeeded to flash but it couldn’t manage to boot.

I also tried to install older version, Jetson Linux version 35.2 using SDKmanager, which seems to work because on the following webpage, it is specially presented with ‘**’ marks. Even I’m using the custom board, it made to both flash and boot. This leads to think maybe Jetson Orin NX is not compatible to Jetson Linux 36.2 version yet. Is it right?

Thanks for considering my case,
Jiwook.

To give much information, i’m leaving the specs of my computers and commands that i used.
Host computer OS: Linux 22.04 LTS
Target board: Jetson Orin NX 16 GB
Carrier board: AVerMedia D133
NVMe SSD: Samsung NVMe SSD 980 250GB
BSP source: Support | Download | AVerMedia
Commands: sudo ./tools/kernel_flash/l4t_initrd_flash.sh --external-device nvme0n1p1 -c tools/kernel_flash/flash_l4t_external.xml -p -c bootloader/generic/cfg/flash_t234_qspi_sd.xml --showlogs --network usb0 jetson-orin-d133 internal
log file:
install_log.txt (402.5 KB)

This leads to think maybe Jetson Orin NX is not compatible to Jetson Linux 36.2 version yet. Is it right?

No, it is not right. Jetpack6 supports all Orin series.

It could be a known flash issue or some other issues from custom board.
We cannot comment anything on Avermedia board. Also, there is no log to provide either.

As Jetpack6.0 is just a DP (developer preview) version, it means not a stable version yet.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.