Cannot flash orin nx

Hi:
I am using Orin NX SOM with Xavier NX carrier board, 512GB NVME SSD, Jetpack 5.1.3.
here is the log:
flash_orin_nx_uart_output.log (65.4 KB)
SDKM_logs_JetPack_5.1.3_Linux_for_Jetson_Orin_NX_modules_2024-03-02_07-50-50.zip (511.9 KB)

Does same SSD work fine when it is jeptack5.1.2?

5.1.2 do not work.
4.5.1 work.

Hi,

Please try other SSD and test. Also, it does not matter what happened to your jetpack4.

Jetpack4 does not support Orin. What happened on other SoC does not matter with Orin…

Hi
I have tested my SSD with Jetpack4 on Xavier NX SOM and Xavier NX carrier board, it is OK.
I also have tested my SSD on Windows 10, it is OK.
so I think my SSD can work correctly, something was wrong in kernel.
Thanks

Hi,

This is just for debug purpose.
Test with other NVMe first to isolate the problem.

If you don’t want to follow what we said, then there is nothing we can help.

Also, test same NVMe on NV devkit and share the result too.

Hi
What is “NV devkit” ?

Is your carrier board a NVIDIA developer kit or a custom board? or you don’t know what I am talking about here?

My is NVIDIA developer kit , Xavier NX carrier board.

Is this your first day flashing jetpack5 release on Orin NX?

The log indicates you are using a wrong device tree.

[ 0.002321] DTS File Name: /dvs/git/dirty/git-master_linux/kernel/kernel-5.10/arch/arm64/boot/dts/…/…/…/…/…/…/hardware/nvidia/platform/t23x/p3768/kernel-dts/tegra234-p3767-0001-p3768-0000-a0.dts

If this is Xavier devkit carrier board, then you need to use the p3509 board config but not Orin NX devkit. Xavier devkit carrier board is p3509 and Orin devkit is p3768. These are two different boards. You cannot directly use sdkmanager to flash this case.

Even if this is fixed, it could still have problem. But better using correct board config to flash first.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.