Jetson Tx 1 - Black Screen

Hello everyone,

I am using J120 board + Jetson tx1 and I am having problem with getting video on the monitor.
Board seems to be working (green LED in on and ethernet LED is working) and also Jetson seems to be working (it is warm and I can turn it on/off via buttons on board).

Problem is that when I connect it to monitor I am getting black screen. When I disconnect Jetson from monitor I am getting “Check cable” on monitor, but when I connect Jetson I am getting “No signal”.

Currently I am using HDMI cable + little HDMI mini converter. Cable and converter are 100% working because I tested them on different devices with same monitor.

I will be grateful for any help you can provide.

Logging into your TX1 would help to find out the issue.
You can do this with ssh if your TX1 has network configured and connected, otherwise you will have to use serial console if available on J120 board.

Once logged in, you should be able to see kernel traces with

dmesg

Using

dmesg --follow

you will see traces as they happen.
Then unplugging / replugging your HDMI cable will generate traces that you can try to analyze.

You may also read this thread for a similar problem I’ve had: https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/985264/black-consoles-on-l4t-64-bits-r24-rev-2-1 and investigate potential EDID issues.

Check your monitor,or change it!

你的显示器有问题,你可以换一个试一试。TX1在某些显示器上不能显示!

Verify if the monitor is being queried correctly. What is the output of:

sudo cat /sys/kernel/debug/tegradc.1/edid

Thank you for help, but problem was in Jetson TX1. Because we bought it without development kit it was empty so we need to flash him with everything needed.