Jetson TX2 - Sleep and Wake up through pin trigger

Hi,

The system we’re designing requires the TX2 to be put in a suspended state and wake up when required. We would ideally want this to be done through pin trigger.

I have gathered the following info so far,

From,

Jetson TX2 Module Datasheet & Developer Kit Carrier Bode Specification

“The SLEEP state can only be entered directly by SW. For example, operating within an OS, with no operations active for a certain time can trigger the OS to initiate a transition to the SLEEP state.”

Can be woken up by POWER_BTN# which is connected to J10 Pin 46.

My questions are this.

1. Can the TX2 be put in to sleep mode through a pin input and woken up by 10 Pin 46 trigger? If so, how can it be done?

2. There is also a deep sleep mode. How can the TX2 be put into the deep sleep mode?

Thanks.

Much appreciate any wisdom on this.

Can the TX2 be put in to sleep mode through a pin input and woken up by 10 Pin 46 trigger? If so, how can it be done?

You need to write and install some software that detects the pin change, and then calls the appropriate kernel functions to go into sleep. (likely a device driver kernel module, but other solutions are possible, too)

No dedicated pin for entering sleep mode, you might need to make the software to monitor the pin as snarky said.
There is a internal automatic scheme for deep sleep mode, you can refer to TX1 TRM doc for details (TX2 TRM will be released soon).

Thanks Snarky & Trumany.
That part is clear.

“WAKE events can occur from within the Jetson TX2 or from external
devices through various pins on the Jetson TX2 connector.”

So, a wake up event can be triggered by driving any of the given pins high(the pins are given in TX2 OEM Product Design Guide and TX2 Module Datasheet) while the TX2 is in sleep mode?

Thanks.

Yes, pins in table are for wake trigger.

Thanks, Trumany.

Hi,

When there is no activity the tX1 system should go to sleep mode. But when the signal (typically the sound) observes, the system should wake up and work with all normal processors.

I want this to be done automatically not manually.

Could you please tell me how can I do that.

Kind regards,
Mathi