Jetson Tx2 -- USB Type C Power Supply input

Hello All,
In Jetson AGX Xavier Carrier board, they used the USB Type C Power Supply Input.

In Custom Carrier board for Jetson Tx2 module (8GB version), we need the USB Type C connector Power supply Input.
We want to replace the normal power input connector. We referred the Jetson AGX Xavier Carrier board schematics.

I checked for the usage of USB Type-C Connector power supply input to Jetson Tx2 module.
Looks there is no restriction to use this USB Type-C Connector Power supply input.

Are there any limitations to use this USB Type-C Connector power supply input to Jetson Tx2 module? Any Ideas?

Here, the Product is: Jetson Tx2 Module (8GB version) + Custom Carrier Board with USB Type-C Power Supply Input.

-Thanks.

We do not provide Type-C reference design on TX2, so customer should be responsible for that.

I don’t know enough about USB-C to answer, but I saw something you might be interested in:
https://www.digikey.com/en/articles/designing-in-usb-type-c-and-using-power-delivery-for-rapid-charging

My worry is that with default power delivery methods you won’t have enough power (or else will be on the edge of max power delivery). Furthermore, you might need a boost converter depending on what the carrier board requirements are. I have no idea how this would interact with the TX2 module.

1 Like