Kafka questions

hi,
i working jetson nx with jetpack 5.0.1 and deepstream6.1.
i have a question about kafka,
i moved kafka codes which similar test4 to all_box_generated probe of deepstream_app_main.c,
but it can not create topic automatically and no objects data at all, i think this should be similar with test5 procedure and all_box_generated probe should correct place in deepstream_app pipline,
i also tried overlay probe, but no topic and objects, too.
pls advice where is problem?

thank you very much!

Please provide complete information as applicable to your setup.
• Hardware Platform (Jetson / GPU)
• DeepStream Version
• JetPack Version (valid for Jetson only)
• TensorRT Version
• NVIDIA GPU Driver Version (valid for GPU only)
• Issue Type( questions, new requirements, bugs)
• How to reproduce the issue ? (This is for bugs. Including which sample app is using, the configuration files content, the command line used and other details for reproducing)
• Requirement details( This is for new requirement. Including the module name-for which plugin or for which sample application, the function description)
• The pipeline being used

jetson xavier nx and jetpack 5.0.1, deepstream6.1

Could it create topic in your env when you run the test5 without changing code,?
What’s your use case to move code to deepstream_app_main.c?

test5 is correct of course.
i used few probes in my project to customize plug in and less places already…
for kafka, it is better put in all_box_gennerated probe and similar as test5, that probe is blank in my project and i think it is possible should be there.

thank you

You should add a probe on the right pad. Also you can attach your code if there is a small change.

hi,
do you need add probe on the src pad? where to add that?
and this is my codes attatched, other parts is similar with test4 and i am sure that can generate msg informations correctly because i tried all my codes in deepstream-app.c and kafka is ok.
but it is some conflict with somewhere of my project so i have to move kafka to all_box_generated probe.

thank you very much!
codes (2.2 KB)

sorry pls ignore the problem,
and i have created topic and get informations correctly.

all box generated probe is right place.
but i am also interesting how to add a new more probe at where?
because my project is a little complicated and few customized functions in my pipline, pls give more advice how to add more probes in deepstream-main-app.c.

thank you very much!

thank you very much!

sorry i were wrong to make old file then get kafka informations above.
you are right have to add a new probe maybe, pls give more advice.

thank you

About how to add a new probe, I think you should know little about Gstreamer. You should know the concept of plugin, pad, probe… Please refer the link below, Thanks.
https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/documentation/application-development/advanced/pipeline-manipulation.html?gi-language=c#using-probes

i know how to add probe at dynamic pipline yes,
i mean you should advice a place to me where to add that in deepstream pipline, and osd src pad was used by my other customized application already.
and tiler element is tiled_display or tiler_tee in deepstream?

thank you

i have added a kafka probe at appctx->primary gie and got objects informations correctly.
i use it firstly in project temporarily.
but i want to get sgie object.
so had better you advice a right place for me and no need test one by one to save time…

thank you very much!

and now’s quesiton is rtsp losts frames after i add probe, but rtsp can run it is ok. only some while losts frames or a little scratch screen.
should i destroy that probe?
could you give some advice for the problem?

thank you very much!

Yeah, the gstreamer probe function actually is synchronous,it will block the whole pipeline data flow. So if your probe function takes a long time, we suggest you create a new thread.

pls give more info about how to build a new thread?

thank you

no need build a new quene , because primary src pad was used by another probe. i moved kafka_probe to tracker bin pad and rtsp out smoothly right now.

thank you very much!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.