How could I diagnose a problem with a supposedly operational Xavier AGX prod module, that does not seem to boot. (Behaves like a computer without a storage attached, but not even Hdmi, USB activity so maybe hardware failure?)
I’ve received a xavier agx production module from a partner (on a CTI Rogue Carrier), that has been configured, installed, should work out-of-the-box.
I am confident that they have done their job and this computer should work. During delivery the device was in esd safe and soft packaging, so no reason for a damage.
In theory I should just plug it in and have ssh, http etc. going.
- powering on: 1 blue led means POWER OK
- 0.5 sec later: 2nd blue led means BOOTING
- The carrier board seems to work OK (based on the leds)
- and then nothing happens
- no HDMI (tested with two monitors on both hdmi)
- no ETH activity (no link led or anything) - tested with two cables on both ports.
- no USB power (tested with two different keyboards, on two USB-C ports, not even 5V comes out)
- USB serial console: the ftdi seems to work (tested with 2 computers, recognized by both a windows in devicemanager and a linux lsusb)
- but not a single byte of traffic, and no response to any keypress sent (putty and minicom respectively. Even tried 9600 and 115200 bauds)
- two power supplies
- two ethernet ports
- two ethernet cables
- two monitors
- two hdmi ports
- two keyboards
- two usb ports
- two computers for usb serial (both recognize the ftdi, but no data)
- pressed the PWR button, for short, medium and long (no effect)
- pressed the RST button for short, medium (no effect)
- DID NOT TRY TO REFLASH or RECOVERY (as this is a prepared preinstalled environment)
I’m looking for advice on
- how to move forward with diagnostics
- identify if I have missed something
- clearly prove (identify) that there is a hardware / software failure somewhere?
- any troubleshooting documentation would be interesting to follow.