Sometime can‘t power on Xavier

Hi:
we have design a carrier board for our application, but sometime the system cant power on, some time is ok, do you have any suggest for this?
kernel_ok.log (25.7 KB) kernel.log (23.5 KB)

Could you enable more log by removing the “quiet” keyword in extlinux.conf?

Hi Wayne:
use your suggestion,still have this issue, please help
thanksxavier_error.log (26.2 KB)

Hi,

This suggestion is just to enable more log. Thanks for sharing log.

Hi,

Your case is special. The last time we had similar issue was also on another guy’s custom carrier. Turns out not able to resolve by software patch.

We still more log. Please remove the console here check the log again.

+++ p2972-0000.conf.common
@@ -172,7 +172,7 @@ BPFDTB_FILE=tegra194-a01-bpmp-p2888-a01.dtb;
DTB_FILE=tegra194-p2888-0001-p2822-0000.dtb;
TBCDTB_FILE=tegra194-p2888-0001-p2822-0000.dtb;
ROOTFSSIZE=28GiB;
-CMDLINE_ADD=“console=ttyTCU0,115200n8 console=tty0 fbcon=map:0 net.ifnames=0 rootfstype=ext4”;
+CMDLINE_ADD=“fbcon=map:0 net.ifnames=0 rootfstype=ext4 console=none keep_bootcon”;

target_board=“t186ref”;
ROOT_DEV="mmcblk0p12 ------------ internal eMMC.
sda1 ----------------- external USB devices. (USB memory stick, HDD)

Hi Wayne:
the log as blow please check,thanks
xavier_error(1).log (34.3 KB)

Hi,

You didn’t do anything based on my previous comment. Do you know you have to re-flash the board?

Hi Wayne:
we have re-flashed with: sudo ./flash.sh jetson-xavier mmcblk0p1
and modify the patch: p2972-0000.conf.common
then get the log, please help,thanks

Hi,

I saw you just uploaded the log but the log is truncated…
Please just give a complete log at once to save both our time. Thanks.

Hi Wayne:
because after reflashed, cant enter the system,stuck in this position.
do you have any suggestion for this, thanks

Hi,

I meant the previous log right before this line.

[ 2.080959] UDP hash table entries: 16384 (order: 7, 524288 bytes)

If you want me to give suggestion based on current log, I would like to know if this device always gets hang with hdmi or not.

[ 7.329407] tegradc 15200000.nvdisplay: hdmi: plugged

Hi Wayne:
Please help check, dont connect the HDMI port this time,thanks a lot
log_20191025.txt (81.9 KB)

Hi rico.deng,

1. If you plug the module to devkit carrier board, will you hit this issue?

2. Please try to give larger voltage as power input and see if it can drive the system.

3. Please reboot it many times and check if it gets stuck in the same place everytime.

4. Any other I/O on your board during the test?

Hi Wayne:
thanks for reply, we will try this,
we have tried use the module (has modify the patch: p2972-0000.conf.common) plug the Devkit carrier board still have this issue,before this we use the module(have not modify the patch), was power on normal,after modified ,our board and devkit board are both cant entry the system.
because this case was urgent,the customer waiting for solve this issue to shipment,can we fix the problem by modifying the BSP?

Hi,

we have tried use the module (has modify the patch: p2972-0000.conf.common) plug the Devkit carrier board still have this issue,before this we use the module(have not modify the patch), was power on normal,after modified ,our board and devkit board are both cant entry the system.

Please be aware what we have done in p2972-0000.conf.comm is not a solution. This is just to enable more log because you said the module cannot power on and get stuck there. I know it won’t boot up if you remove the console from kernel cmdline and just plug the module back to devkit …

What I want to ask is when there is no patch, will you hit this issue on devkit carrier board or it only happens to your custom carrier board.

yes its only happend on our board

Ok.

Then please try point 2,3,4 here.

2. Please try to give larger voltage as power input and see if it can drive the system.
3. Please reboot it many times and check if it gets stuck in the same place everytime.
4. Any other I/O on your board during the test?

Hi

Does the system stuck or power down suddenly? You could check the system current or if the board could reboot.

Hi

Please measure all the power voltage on carrier board, Try to remove the unnecessary devices or components to find out which is the key.
The module should be able to boot up if have power supplied, The external incorrect connection or driven may block boot up.