Material ID

Hello, Is there a plan to support material IDs or cryptomattes? I want to render a high resolution image to be composited in photoshop or after effects, and a way to render mask pass would be really useful.

Thank you

I think you’re talking about AOVs? Does this video help? Arbitrary Output Variables (AOV) Overview in Omniverse Create - YouTube

I’m talking about something like this:

qdehv43pp0y51.png (1080×673) (redd.it)

You assign a tag on the shader metadata, and you render out an image to use as masks for compositing.

Even on that video you sent, people are asking about it on the comments section

Thank you

1 Like

Checked internally. Cryptomattes are being worked on but don’t have a solid release date for you. Best I can see is it was planned for this year. I’ll follow up to this thread if I hear something more specific.

@PGrimm

I happen to chance upon this community extension call Indoorkit which can give you this function.
Activate indoorkit from the extension panel, change to the settings on second screenshot to see your colorID map which is more useful for compositing . Hope it helps !

4 Likes

@DavidDPD This looks like it might work! I’ll test it out and report back here. Thank you

2 Likes

Hi,
I am getting this error when trying to install IndoorKit on Create 2022.3.

@karol.osinski ,

Found a better way to render out color mask passes(material ID) using iray renderer where the output is anti aliasing and denoised, way cleaner and accurate than the real time render solution of indoorkit. You can follow the link below on that. I found that if vram limit is an issue then , activate the cpu and gpu rendering helps in loading and rendering the scene.

https://forums.developer.nvidia.com/t/render-passes/200636/11

1 Like

thank you @DavidDPD !

@karol.osinski the Iray AOV via Canvas is a good option as @DavidDPD mentioned in another post. i believe the only thing you are looking to use from the indoor kit is an extension called Synthetic Data Sensors so you don’t really need the entire third party extension.

once you’ve installed and activated it in Composer, you should be able to see the RenderVar option available to you.

p.s. this is used in Issac Sim to help with visualization in synthetic data generation process

1 Like

I am glad you have found a workflow that works for you. There are several ways to get material IDs