Mcp2515 can interfacing with jetson nano

Hello,
I am trying to interface my can module with jetson nano since the sensors I am using are CAN based.
Here’s what I have done as of now:
Configured the jetson 40-pin header for the compatible hardware (MCP251x as CAN controller). This option was already available on /opt/nvidia/jetson-io/jetson-io.py.
However, based on the previous forums I have to set pin 31 as an interrupt using the DTS file.
I have made the below modifications in the dts file:
clocks
{
can_clock{
clock-frequency = <0xf42400>;
};
};

spi@7000d400{
spi@0{
status = “okay”;
interrupt-parent = <&gpio>;
interrupts = <TEGRA_GPIO(Z, 0) IRQ_TYPE_EDGE_FALLING>;
compatible = “microchip-mcp2515”;
};
spi@1{
status = “disabled”;
compatible = “tegra-spidev”;
};
};

but I get an error stating unable to parse the input tree.
I have mentioned only the changes I have made in the entire dts file, the rest of the values are set by default.

What are the changes I need to make to set pin 31 as the interrupt?
Thank You

Please refer to CAN with Jetson Nano Production Module to see if can help. Thanks

It seems that the forum is based on the production module. I am using the developer module and the interfacing on this seems quite different.
Are there any other sources or documentation specific to my issue?

Plese check this one if can help: Unofficial Guide to using the MCP2515 can module on the Jetson Nano 2GB - Jetson & Embedded Systems / Jetson Nano - NVIDIA Developer Forums

Hey, so I tried following the steps mentioned in the above forum. But when I try saving the dts file, I get a fatal error stating, “Unable to parse input tree”.
Any idea how I can fix this? The error seems to be occurring when I change the interrupt value under spi@0.

Hi,
Looks like the End-Of-Line may not be Unix. So it may trigger syntax error. Please make sure EOL is Unix and try again.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.