Missing files after installing CUDA 10.1 update 2 on Windows

During the installation of CUDA 10.1 update 2 on Windows 10 x64, the installer listed a number of files that it could not locate. And since then the Visual Studio installer also lists a number of files that it cannot locate whenever it installs a Visual Studio update. The files that these installers cannot locate include:

Nvidia.UnifiedDebugger.Package.pkgdef
Nvidia.Vsip.Debugger.Device.dll.pkgdef

When this happens I am invited to browse to find and fix the location of the missing files but I have little idea of where to look for them.

I would be most grateful for any advice that can be provided on how to fix this issue.

The unsatisfied references I referred to above are causing major issues when I try to change/install other Visual Studio extensions, some of which now hang as a result.

What is worse is that I have had to uninstall the CUDA 10.1 package in an effort to solve this problem but these references are still present in my Visual Studio 2019 installation even after a complete uninstall of the CUDA 10.1 package.

How do I remove these references when a complete uninstall fails to do so?

on version 11.2 i had the same problem, i sat there and i let window fix it, which it did

Nvda.vsip