Cuda 10.1, Win7, Installation failed, incomplete...

Hello,

I’ve installed cuda_10.1.105_418.96_windows.exe on my Win7 machine with an Nvidia card and several versions of VS including 2017 and 2019.

The installation completes, but compared to installs on other machines, it is missing many files. For example, NVCC.exe and other files (and the entire bin dir) is missing from C:\Program Files\NVIDIA GPU Computing Toolkit\CUDA\v10.1, and there are no exes in the samples dir that the install guide recommends running immediately after install.

But, clearly some pieces were installed, as my VS IDE’s have the ‘Nsight’ menu choices as expected. But, when I open the samples.sln in VS, all projects fail to load because ‘The iported project “…BuildCustomizations\Cuda 10.1.props” was not found’

I have re-run the install several times.

What steps can I take to troubleshoot the install to figure out why it skips some parts?

Thanks in advance,
-Eric.javascript:void(0);

Hello Eric,

1. “NVCC.exe and other files (and the entire bin dir) is missing from C:\Program Files\NVIDIA GPU Computing Toolkit\CUDA\v10.1”

Maybe search the drives for nvcc.exe(2/8/2019) to see where it landed. Maybe they landed in the incorrect location.

1. “The imported project “…BuildCustomizations\Cuda 10.1.props” was not found”

Try coping the files from C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\BuildCustomizations to C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\BuildCustomizations

Hope this helps some.
Ryan