Missing functionality from the Drive SDK video encoder

Hi,

We’re currently using a GTX 1050 as part of our product to encode video using the NVIDIA Video Codec SDK (https://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-video-codec-sdk). We’re trying to port this product to the PX2 (and the drive platform), but it seems that a functionality we depend on is missing:

NvEncInvalidateRefFrames:

I have not been able to locate a similar functionality in the Drive SDK. Alternatively, I have not been able to locate an implementation of the NVidia Video Codec SDK for the PX2.

We really need this functionality in order to proceed with the port, and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Shachar

Hi,

the entry point for our encoding and decoding pipeline is NVmedia.

Unfortunately, there is no functionality implemented that mimics NvEncInvalidateRefFrames, and thus there is currently no way of using our encoder the way you need.

Fabian

Are there plans to include this functionality (it is highly useful, if not downright critical, for low latency video encoding)?

Alternatively, is there a chance we can get a version of the NVidia Video Codec SDK for the ARM Tegra platform?

Thank you,
Shachar

Hi Shachar,

right now we do not have any plans to include this functionality.

This might change in the future, but for now I am afraid we cannot support you on this topic any further as we cannot provide you a custom NVIDIA Video Codec SDK version.

Fabian