Nature of Problem: MNVR Kit went offline and Stops working due to below said issues. ata1.00: status:[ DRDY ERR] ata1.00: error: [ ABRT ]

Nature of Problem: MNVR Kit went offline and Stops working due to below said issues.

ata1.00: status:[ DRDY ERR]

ata1.00: error: [ ABRT ]

Major Components Integrated ‐MNVR
1.Jetson Nano ‐ Compatible Carrier Board ( Make: Everfocus. Model: EIVP1570E)
2.Jetson Nano ‐ SOM
3.SSD ‐ 128 GB ( Booting Device /OS)
4.HDD ‐ 2TB ‐ Surveillance Grade
Hi Dear Friends,
Any one could help me out to reolve this problem. Regards, Ramesh

I do not know anything about that device, but for whoever answers, some more information is useful…

• What interface is this device? For example, PCIe or USB? CSI? From web searches I think this is an ethernet video camera, but I’m not sure. If it is, then what do you see from:
    • ifconfig
    • route
  • If this is also something like USB, then give the details of how it is connected. For a network device, mention how any switch or router is connected.
  • Assuming this is a network device, add a note of how the device gets its address, e.g., static assignment or DHCP.

Dear Friend ,
Thanks for your inputs, find below my feedback for your further analysis.
1.We are using IP Camera ( 3 Nos ) and this is attached to the MNVR and the IP’s were Static assignment.
2.All the MNVR 's are connected Via Cloud ( Individual SIM is assigned for each kit - we are using Quectel EC20 mPCIE module for 4G access).
3.Individual MNVR is having unique ID ( 20 to 30 IP’s are static assignment - grouping ) and MAC address is different , by the way the Cloud web page coonection , i.e remote connection as we are using SSH port connection it will work DHCP mode.

• When not failed, can you ping each IP address of a camera?
  • If you can, then during a failure, does any failed camera still ping?
  • Does the ssh serve for management, and does ssh also fail?
  • This is for cloud computing, but at the Jetson side, is this Wi-Fi or is it wired ethernet? It would still be very useful to see the “before failure” and “after failure” result of these from the Jetson:
    • ifconfig
    • route
    • and iwconfig
  • Before failure, since this is PCIe (assuming the m.2 slot is for PCIe…there is actually more to that interface, but usually it is PCIe), what do you see from “lspci”?

Note that when you run lspci, the left side of the output is a slot number. An example might look something like “00:01.1”. You can limit lspci to just that device. Using that example, the single device query is:
lspci -s 00:01.1

To get a fully verbose listing (which would be too long if it didn’t limit to a single slot) you must use sudo. What is the fully verbose listing, both before and after failure?
sudo lspci -s 00:01.1 -vvv

Screenshots are hard to use and lose a lot. You can create a file log of any command by appending “command 2>&1 | tee logname.txt”. Examples:

• ifconfig 2>&1 | tee log_ifconfig_beforefail.txt
  • ifconfig 2>&1 | tee log_ifconfig_afterfail.txt
  • route 2>&1 | tee log_route_beforefail.txt
  • route 2>&1 | tee log_route_afterfail.txt
  • sudo lspci -s 00:01.1 -vvv | tee log_pci_beforefail.txt
  • sudo lspci -s 00:01.1 -vvv | tee log_pci_afterfail.txt
  • For ping, you just need to note success or failure.
  • For a full dmesg after failure: dmesg 2>&1 | tee log_dmesg.txt

There are various ways to get those logs to the host PC, ask if you need suggestions, e.g., scp.

Dear Friend,

Thanks for your response,
We will simulate as per your inputs and revert with results.

Regards,
Ramesh

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.