We are trying to create simulation with our own robot model, as example i used carter_warehouse_with_forklifts.
I have added all the components except com link ( it looks like it’s only for carter stabilization and not necessary, as it applies only limits ).
So robot components are: 2 Lidars, Imu, 4 castor wheels, 2 main wheels.
In the root i created ArticulatedRoot Physics element, linked each castor wheel to castor pivot with RevoluteJoints with Articulation API, then did same for castor pivot and main body, same for main wheels adding Drive component there, added Articualtion joint for imu. Tried to place all joints to connections where it should be.
Linked Lidars from isaac robotics to Lidar_REB, linked imu to RigidBodiesSync_REB, linked DifferentialBase_REB to body and set left and right wheels in according fields, decreased potential gain to 3.
When i’m connecting navsim with same environment as carter, just with our robot model - system receives tiny values response from simulation and thinks that robot is not moving in terms of linear velocity ( when it rotates - it correctly receives angular velocity ) , PhysX linear velocity visualization shows that it’s being produced, also I wanted to check with Velocity data visualization tool, but for some reason it doesn’t show any data even with Carter.