Not able to read sensor reading using minicom

Hi,

I have been trying to use Maxbotix MB1000 sensor with Jetson Nano using minicom and I am not getting the sensor readings on the output window of minicom.

Interfacing a Raspberry Pi with an Ultrasonic Sensor | MaxBotix Inc.

Is there any other way of interfacing this sensor with Jetson Nano.

Thanks
Screenshot from 2021-07-07 17-40-54

Hi @abhishek.docky, hope you are doing well!

I haven’t used the Maxbotix MB1000 sensor, but these are two things you can try to solve the issue:

1. Check that you are connecting to the proper device, in this case you could try to check the dmesg output to see if a new device is created that is different from /dev/ttyS0 for the connection. You can change this using minicom -s → serial mode setup → Press A (Serial Device) → Type the new device → Press Enter

2. You can follow a procedure similar to the previous but for the baudrate, minicom -s → serial mode setup → Press E (Bps/Par/Bits) → Select new baudrate, parity bits → Press Enter.

3. You could try disabling hardware flow control, many times it makes it work like that. This would be pressing letter F on minicom configuration window.

Also, you can test if minicom is the problem by using the screen application too.

Best Regards,
Roberto Gutierrez
Embedded Software Engineer

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.