NSight support for OpenGL4.4+

Is this due any time soon? Particularly glBufferStorage() support etc ?

Thanks!

Hi cybernoid,

What’s your nsight version? Since we do support glBufferStorage() in latest version.

If you have the latest Nsight version, what’s information nsight show you, can you share us some of the codes you used to call glBufferStorage()?

Thanks
An

Hi,

I just checked this again after noticing this comment today. I have updated drivers to 353.06 that are now available and still have this problem.

The machine is Windows 7 64 bit with 2x GeForce 680 GTX (SLI disabled). NSight is version 4.6 with Visual Studio Community 2013.

NSight gives the error:

“Unsupported operation encountered; saving compatibility log to ‘…txt’”

And in that text file is glBufferStorage only. My program runs fine though and I can see the NSight HUD in the window but when I click for frame debugging it again gives the same error and says on the screen that it only supports frame debugging for OpenGL 4.2?

My calls are of the form:
glBufferStorage(…, size, 0, GL_MAP_WRITE_BIT | GL_MAP_PERSISTENT_BIT | GL_MAP_COHERENT_BIT);

I use either GL_PIXEL_UNPACK_BUFFER, GL_DRAW_INDIRECT_BUFFER, GL_ARRAY_BUFFER, GL_ELEMENT_ARRAY_BUFFER, and GL_COPY_READ_BUFFER as the first argument for different buffers.

I am using an OpenGL 4.4/4.5 debug core context.

Hi cybernoid,

Here is the truth, the current Nsight 4.6 don’t support GL_ARB_buffer_storage as the User Guide->Fraphics Debugger->Frame Debugger (OpenGL)->Supported OpenGL Function described.

Nsight support the core of OGL 4.2 and some features in OGL 4.3~4.4, unfortunately, buffer_storage don’t involved.

What I can tell is Nsight do support GL_ARB_buffer_storage, but not merged in the release branch yet. Maybe next release.

Thanks
An

Ok thanks for clearing that up. I look forward to the future release that does then!