How do I get a license key?
Thanks

sh ./1080p_heavyhand_3sec.sh

GetNumberEncoders() has detected 1 CUDA capable GPU device(s) <<
[ GPU #0 - < GeForce GTX 780 > has Compute SM 3.5, NVENC Available ]

InitCUDA() has detected 1 CUDA capable GPU device(s)<<
[ GPU #0 - < GeForce GTX 780 > has Compute SM 3.5, Available NVENC ]

Select GPU #0 - < GeForce GTX 780 > supports SM 3.5 and NVENC
File: src/CNVEncoder.cpp, Line: 1750, nvEncOpenEncodeSessionEx() returned with error 21
Note: GUID key may be invalid or incorrect. Recommend to upgrade your drivers and obtain a new key
NVENC error at src/CNVEncoder.cpp:1752 code=21(NVENC Feature not available for current license key type) “nvStatus”

The website [url]https://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-video-codec-sdk[/url] lists the GPUs that are supported by NVENC; GeForce is not one of them.

http://www.geforce.com/Active/en_US/en_US/pdf/GeForce-GTX-680-Whitepaper-FINAL.pdf

stats that NVENC is available for that card. Is the page above out of date? two conflicting pieces of information.

I also am trying to use the 780 for NVENC, and was under the impression that it is supported. Is the issue with the license key, or the card compatibility?

I should clarify that I am using Windows whereas it seems brayster is using a linux shell.

I’ve also tried on Windows with GTX660, and got the same message.

[ GPU #0 - < GeForce GTX 660 > has Compute SM 3.0, NVENC Available ]

[ GPU #0 - < GeForce GTX 660 > has Compute SM 3.0, Available NVENC ]

Select GPU #0 - < GeForce GTX 660 > supports SM 3.0 and NVENC
File: .\src\CNVEncoder.cpp, Line: 1754, nvEncOpenEncodeSessionEx() returned with error 21
Note: GUID key may be invalid or incorrect. Recommend to upgrade your drivers and obtain a new key
NVENC error at .\src\CNVEncoder.cpp:1756 code=21(NVENC Feature not available for current license key type) “nvStatus”

Kepler Architecture is told to support NVEnc, and the message also says NVENC is available on GTX660, but where can I get the license key?

I got this:

[root@localhost nvEncodeApp]# ./1080p_heavyhand_3sec.sh

[ GPU #0 - < GeForce GTX 780 > has Compute SM 3.5, NVENC Available ]

[ GPU #0 - < GeForce GTX 780 > has Compute SM 3.5, Available NVENC ]

Select GPU #0 - < GeForce GTX 780 > supports SM 3.5 and NVENC
./1080p_heavyhand_3sec.sh: line 1: 12988 Segmentation fault (core dumped) ./nvEncoder -configFile=HeavyHand_1080p.txt -outfile=HeavyHandIdiot.3sec.264

Yeah,
It’s not because it’s now working on win32 that it will work under linux.
NVENC for linux is still under licence, I’ve tried all beta drivers, it won’t work till they update them.
I can be wrong but nobody at NVDIA gave me any clues