NVIDIA driver is not loaded. Ubuntu 18.04

Nvidia Driver doesn’t load, have tried almost all solutions on the internet but the problem persists. I’m trying to extend my display, but it won’t detect a connected monitor. I’m using GTX1050Ti and i7 7th gen processor. I’ve attached the nvidia bug report as well.

nvidia-bug-report.log.gz (150.3 KB)

Please try disabling secure boot in BIOS.
Also kernel 5.3 is really old. Update to at least 5.4.

Thanks a lot! Disabling secure boot actually worked for me. I have a dual boot config with Windows 10. Some kind of Windows update must have messed up the boot settings, probably disabling the secure boot and changing the boot priority order causing issues with third party Nvidia drivers.

dmesg_file20Feb2022.txt (91.0 KB)
nvidia-bug-report.log.gz (142.5 KB)
Hi @Mart
I hope you are good. Please could please help to check this error. My second HP monitor is OFF again and not extended. It was off some weeks back and I changed the cable. Thanks for the time.

There is no sign of the driver loading for kernel 5.13.0-30. Last one was 5.13.0-28. I suspect that kernel upgrade got your config messed up.

What is the output of: dkms status ?
If it says just “added” for the nvidia driver, then you may have the kernel headers missing.
Install them with sudo apt install linux-headers-$(uname -r). Then re-install the nvidia driver.

1 Like

thanks

dkms status 
nvidia, 470.103.01, 5.13.0-28-generic, x86_64: installed (WARNING! Diff between built and installed module!) (WARNING! Diff between built and installed module!) (WARNING! Diff between built and installed module!) (WARNING! Diff between built and installed module!)
nvidia, 470.103.01, 5.13.0-30-generic, x86_64: installed (WARNING! Diff between built and installed module!) (WARNING! Diff between built and installed module!) (WARNING! Diff between built and installed module!) (WARNING! Diff between built and installed module!)
rtbth, 3.9.7, 5.13.0-28-generic, x86_64: installed
rtbth, 3.9.7, 5.13.0-30-generic, x86_64: installed

is secure boot turned off in BIOS?

it is working now after 30 hours !! but I cannot tell the solution

I think I remove “secure boot” long ago