Nvidia Driver is not working on Ubuntu 22.04 (cuda for tensorflow-gpu)

Hello folks,

I have been trying to install CUDA and nvidia-drivers properly for days now, and nothing seems to work.

I am running UBUNTU 22.04, and command lspci | grep VGA gives this output :
04:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Cezanne (rev d1)

when I try to run nvidia-smi it gives an error :
NVIDIA-SMI has failed because it couldn’t communicate with the NVIDIA driver. Make sure that the latest NVIDIA driver is installed and running.

I tried to install CUDA 8 before, and now I have installed CUDA 12 with this tutorial :CUDA Toolkit 12.1 Update 1 Downloads | NVIDIA Developer
doing these steps :

wget https://developer.download.nvidia.com/compute/cuda/repos/ubuntu2004/x86_64/cuda-ubuntu2004.pin
sudo mv cuda-ubuntu2004.pin /etc/apt/preferences.d/cuda-repository-pin-600
wget https://developer.download.nvidia.com/compute/cuda/12.1.1/local_installers/cuda-repo-ubuntu2004-12-1-local_12.1.1-530.30.02-1_amd64.deb
sudo dpkg -i cuda-repo-ubuntu2004-12-1-local_12.1.1-530.30.02-1_amd64.deb
sudo cp /var/cuda-repo-ubuntu2004-12-1-local/cuda-*-keyring.gpg /usr/share/keyrings/
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get -y install cuda

but when I type nvcc --version, it gives this output :
nvcc: NVIDIA (R) Cuda compiler driver
Copyright (c) 2005-2016 NVIDIA Corporation
Built on Tue_Jan_10_13:22:03_CST_2017
Cuda compilation tools, release 8.0, V8.0.61

This is strange behavior.
nvidia-smi wasn’t working on cuda 8.0 either, but both errors might be connected

Please help as I would like to carry on with my work :)
Have a good day

I kinda noticed I don’t have nvidia kernel ? Is this normal behavior

You are getting this message because there is no Nvidia GPU visible to the system - the Cezanne is an AMD GPU.

Do you have an Nvidia card fitted?

Well I wasn’t surev, it’s a laptop from work, we specificaly asked for an nvidia GPU.
I wasn’t sure between brands and architecture if it was nvidia compatible or not.

Thanks for clarifying this :).

I hope I will be able to use tensorflow-gpu with the AMD