nVidia Driver Version 340.24 Does Not Consistently Resume From Sleep/Suspend

Resume from sleep/suspend does not work consistently with the nVidia proprietary device driver version 340.24 and the latest Linux desktop kernel version 3.15.6-2. Resume from sleep/suspend fails approximately 10% to 50% of the time. Upon failure to resume from sleep/suspend, the video is distorted with weird geometric shapes that are sometimes flashing.

Sleep/suspend itself appears to work properly in that my laptop does consistently enter the sleep state. However, it fails to resume from sleep/suspend much of the time. OTOH, Nouveau consistently resumes from sleep/suspend without any problems. However, I have other issues with Nouveau so I would prefer to use the nVidia proprietary driver instead.

I am running OpenSUSE 13.1, KDE 4.13.3 and a nVidia Quadro FX 3600M graphics card on a Dell Precision 6300 laptop.

I have attached a nvidia bug report that I generated immediately following a failure to resume from suspend. I hope that this helps. The following two error messages were displayed as the bug report finished:

Failed to look up boot -1: Cannot assign requested address
Failed to look up boot -2: Cannot assign requested address.

Thanks,

Gordon
nvidia-bug-report.log.gz (63 KB)